Baked Fresh, by Annabeth Albert

gondorgirl's review

emotional hopeful sad slow-paced

librahero's review

Got sucked in and was up until 3am finishing up! Really enjoyable read! Sexy, sweet, and would love more of these guys. Loved their dynamic.

consultantjim's review

I like the series

readingwithcec's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

ktomp17's review

I liked this a lot. Robin was such a strong character even though he didn't realize it himself. He overcame a lot. Vic was a great match for Robin. This had a little bit of sadness in it as Robin tried to help a young man with addiction, but it was well written.

shelbanuadh's review

DNF @ 49%.

I couldn't get into this story and I think the culprit is Vic.... I really didn't like him. I found he came off a little sleazy and douchey at times for someone who was supposed to be so sweet. And since I disliked Vic, it made it hard to care about Robin or their relationship. Since I did think the first story was cute, I'll probably give the third one a shot, but this was a definite miss for me.

leslico's review

I enjoyed reading Served Hot but I found that Baked Fresh was even more compelling, the characters really developed throughout the story and felt like real people. I was impressed by how the characters overcame the limitations of family members by building a supportive family of their own with friends and co-workers who really watched out for each other and had their backs when they were going through something. At the beginning of the book I found it disorienting that the chapters jump ahead by several months but I later came to appreciate how the story skips over the details to get to the heart of the story. A lovely story that is both sweet and hot!

lillian_francis's review

Change of pace from the first book. Both guys were damaged in their own way with serious self-image issues.

tink535's review

3.5* Really enjoying this sweet series :)

cadiva's review

I'm really loving this series from Annabeth Albert. They're real in the way they treat the growth of the relationships and the men themselves aren't perfect Adonis' or ridiculously flawed people, they're just human.

This one's a bit of a age gap romance, only 10 years but enough to have Vic with fears he's too saggy and old having lost loads of weight through a gastric band because he didn't want heart disease to put him in an early grace like it had his dad, his uncle and his cousin.

Robin's got his own hang ups, he's a recovering addict from a wealthy family who couldn't deal with him being gay until the damage was already done and he was using and turning tricks briefly.

The Foundry is what brings them together, a shelter and drop in centre for at risk kids and adults and they bumble their way into a romance which isn't all hearts and flowers but has plenty of bumps on the way to their HEA.
Book one's Robby and David make a nice cameo too at one point.