Reviews tagging Abandonment

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, by Gabrielle Zevin

purplepenning's review

emotional hopeful reflective sad slow-paced

Full review to come. Probably. A compelling story of friendship and love and survival and pain, about knowing and being known, about story and play and vulnerability and trauma and context — all unfolding in the Shakespearean world of game development.

caseythereader's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional funny hopeful reflective sad slow-paced

Thanks to AA Knopf for the free advance copy of this book.

- Honestly, TOMORROW AND TOMORROW AND TOMORROW is one of those books I'm not sure I can write a review about because I feel so intensely about it. It completely knocked the breath out of me, and I never wanted to leave its pages.
- Sam, Marx, and Sadie are a tender, complicated group, and following them through their ups and downs was both fulfilling and painful. I loved that this book showcases how your connections with people grow, change, stagnate, restart, and more throughout your life.
- They're all prickly and hard to love at times, but also, how could you do anything but love them deeply?
- The book is so well plotted too, with the narrator dropping little bits of foresight into the story, and the way themes and images recur throughout the characters' lives, whether they do it on purpose or it happens organically.
- Even if you don't know anything about video games, please give this one a try if you can. I think it's quite special. Do check the content warnings though, because there is some majorly heavy stuff in here.