De onmogelijke opdracht van het Benedict genootschap, by Trenton Lee Stewart

milkyboos's review against another edition

am i binge reading this whole series this week? yes, yes i am

jmontg18's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

ddurrant's review against another edition

Almost as good as the last, but as always a delightful read.

smurf's review against another edition

The Benedict society is at it again. Not as good as the first book, of course, nothing is ever as good as the priginal. Characters remained well developed and I feel as if. I grew and evolved with them, getting smarter, wittier, and even, dare I say, more powerful. The book kept me guessing, on my toes, and always excited to keep reading. Definitely recommended if you've read the first 2 in the series.

bennse2's review against another edition

Love these books! A great conclusion to the trilogy (I presume it's a trilogy?)

sophiejohn's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

ssejig's review against another edition

I do like Del Roy. I think he's s good match for this series. He doesn't do major voice changes for each character, but he shifts just enough to let you know who's speaking.
Reynie, Sticky, Kate and Constance are at it again. They've been locked up since the last book, trying to keep them protected from Mr. Curtain. Unfortunately, Mr. Curtain hasn't been exposed as a villain (the government deciding that the general public didn't need to know about his nefarious plots) which means that he has been able to run free, making plans. This time, he's aiming a little lower; rather than take over the world, he's just working on taking over the country. When Constance runs away, the Ten Men (Mr. Curtain's henchman) take advantage of the confusion, cause a massive blackout, and take back The Whisperer (to learn more, read the first book in the series, The Mysterious Benedict Society).
It's a good story but I would definitely read this series in order. I especially enjoyed that the children had to keep saving the adults, so that the adults could save them.
Read-alikes: Series of Unfortunate Events (though TMBS has eminently happier endings), Blue Balliet

theartolater's review against another edition

The first Benedict book is one of my favorite children's books ever. The sequels still have not met the standard set by the original, but this was much better than the second book by a longshot to the point where I'm actively looking forward to the next volume.

mw_bookgraph's review against another edition

This series is long and uses a lot of big words, but is totally worth it!

My seven-year-old and I loved it. Recommend to everyone.

mattstebbins's review against another edition

Welp...at least it was short?

[2.5 stars for at least being a quick read.]