Batman Vol. 2: The City of Owls (the New 52), by Scott Snyder

beyadob's review against another edition

Very, very impressive. I loved the finale.

whiskeycat's review against another edition

I enjoyed this collection and the arc of the Court of Owls. Though it seems a bit silly in retrospect - and I'm still not sure how to feel about the Grayson revelation - it was a compelling read.

nikasbooklounge's review against another edition

I loved everything about it. The fights, the monologues. I really liked the text in this one. Also we get a tragic but also so intetesting story about Mr. Freeze. The twist was well done. I loved this Volume!!!

bookslucyreads's review against another edition

A quick enjoyable read. I enjoyed the artwork and it was as expected for a Batman story

mickeykay200's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

dumb unbelievable plot twist is dumb and unbelievable. but i liked the rest of it

charlee_dunn's review

dark fast-paced

christajls's review against another edition

I really enjoyed The City of the Owls plot line. Thought it was well crafted and action packed. Even if it did end a little abruptly.

But my favourite part of this volume by far was the Harper Row short at the end. I think she's a fantastic, complex character - she's handy, she's loyal, she has a unique style. I think she is a fabulous new addition to the Bat-family. Most of her story was drawn by Becky Cloonan, who's style fit perfectly (think Killjoys). If Cloonan could draw her all the time that would be fabulous.

wolverinefactor's review against another edition

Would have been a 5 but issue 12 was hot garbage in every way possible.

just_fighting_censorship's review against another edition

This series is fantastic! It is everything you want from Batman! Great mystery story, great writing, great character development , great art. Creepy and suspenseful and perfect.