Gemina, by Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

afrogala's review

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED??
mind=blown

I can't..even...Like daamn.

stephhhhh7's review against another edition

4 stars

A whole sky of different stars.

This book was personally, better than the first book. Gemina was packed with a lot of action and I absolutely love the new characters. I love how badass and Hanna is and I just love Nik and his wittiness.

Format-wise, I thought this was a bit more repetatitve than Illuminae, but that's my opinion. I loved Marie Lu's illustration, that helped me a lot with the visualisation of characters. The survellience footage parts, they were quite distracting and weren't as effective as the first book was.

I also absolutely loved loved loved ELLA! Ella is probably more kickass than Hanna is. She's probably one of the smartest 15 year old girls out there. Ella is one of my most favourite characters within the Illuminae Files series (sorry, not sorry).

Overall, I really liked Gemina and the action-packed plot, however it could be distracting with "love triangle" and some confusing parts within in the plot as well.

tacotaco89's review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

midnightreads08's review against another edition

OH MY GOD MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE I NEED A HUG AFTER THAT GOD DAMN...WHAT. A. BOOK.

gyeranbbang's review against another edition

Eh. Same thing, different mess. Maybe 2.5 stars, but I'm leaning towards 2.

This is basically Illuminae but with parallel words, the characters having different names, and the brain-eating virus is different (it's more of an insta-kill rather than the cool going psycho and dying that the first book had). Again, very YA and the romance in this one had me eye rolling and fake-barfing a lot.

jacoboli's review

adventurous funny hopeful tense fast-paced

amydieg's review

THESE BOOKS THOUGH

eeread247's review

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

shnikki_reads's review

Oh, gods!!! I was freaking out from page one!!! Yo I sobbed, I laughed, and I scoffed. I loved every second of it!!! Definitely need to read and listen at the same time! It enhances the reading experience 10 fold.

thesuraya's review against another edition

4.5 STARS

GEMINA IS AMAZING.
One minute this happens and the next thing we know, the complete opposite happens so suddenly. Roller coaster ride at its best.

I love Gemina, but i still think Illuminae is better. There are too many surveillance cam footages instead of characters interactions. And there are lesser characters attachment on my side, this time around. Hence, lesser emotional investment.

I CANT DECIDE WHICH ONE I LOVE BETTER, NIK OR EZRA? URGH THEYRE SO CHARMING

And the plot twists. Mother****ing plot twists. What the hell, guys?!??