A Court of Silver Flames, by Sarah J. Maas

thereadingdumby's review

oh my fuckin god. i love these two. thought id hate it like i hated rhys and feyre together, but nope, these two were awesome.

NESTA MY QUEEN KILL ME PLEASEJNFJSNGJBIREG

CASSIAN GNGJHSEJHFBHAEWUISDFH WORDS ESCAPE ME AOLRJREGIERU HOT HOT BOT BHOT HOT HTO

IM CHOKED

will be reading again one day.

booksandbooksandbooks's review

adventurous dark emotional inspiring tense medium-paced

baileymcwhorter's review

adventurous dark emotional tense medium-paced

ainsleybyom's review

adventurous dark emotional sad tense slow-paced

marleepadams's review

This is a story about tough family love and then a romance blooming out of traumatic events. If you keep this in mind while reading, it’s a good story. I think a lot of criticism of characters comes from people forgetting that they are through a different lens than we are used to with this group. Nesta is cold and sharp before the war, trauma makes her bitter and sulking and as that sharpness comes back yes she views people differently than Feyre expecting anything different denies us the opportunity of perspective.

sylyons's review

adventurous emotional tense fast-paced

carlyboone's review

adventurous dark emotional hopeful fast-paced

sc_67890's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful medium-paced

_ckarys's review

What a book.

I had to take a few days to internalize all the feelings that I’m feeling after reading A COURT OF SILVER FLAMES. The ACOTAR series is one of those nearest and dearest to my heart. The world of Prythian is my home, and the characters who inhabit it are like family. It’s always special when I get to return to them, and these stories of healing and growth are some of Sarah J. Maas’s greatest works.

When I heard that this book was going to be published, I was scared. The prospect of having a Cassian story thrilled me, but Nesta and I have always had a complicated relationship. On the one side, I’ve always loved how unconventional she is. Her steel has always been something that drew me to her, but the twisted way she deals with relationships pushed me away. It took me a while to warm up to her. I loved her journey up to A Court of Wings and Ruin.

And then A Court of Frost and Starlight happened, and I felt betrayed. Did I know there was more to her harsh words and toxic behavior? Yes. But there’s only so much pain one can tolerate by the same person before they break. There’s only so much pain one can stomach seeing your loved ones go through. Unlike many in the fandom, I never blamed the Inner Circle and I was scared I wouldn’t be able to give Nesta a third chance.

And then A Court of Silver Flames happened, and I never should have doubted Sarah J. Maas and the journey she’d take me through. Nesta is complicated and hurting, and perhaps the person who hates her most of all is herself. I don’t think I’d ever be able to understand her as much as I do now without this book, without being forced into her mind and seeing every shadow, every fear, every doubt. I never would have realized how much I familiarize with her, and how much of her journey is also my own. But watching her “climb the mountain” was beautiful and cathartic. There is strength in knowing you’ve hurt someone and committing to do better. There is strength in accepting that the hand people hold out to you isn’t meant to diminish you, but to uplift you. There is strength in allowing yourself to lower your guard and be vulnerable. In having dreams and fighting for them with everything you have. I can finally say I love Nesta Archeron, and I’m glad Sarah J. Maas helped me hold out my hand to her once again.

It comes with no surprise that a good healing story needs to have people who help you along the journey, and once again I find myself falling even deeper in love with the Inner Circle (who managed to rip me to shreds with laughter and tears even in this installment!)
Cassian was every bit as wonderful as I thought he would be. An unmovable mountain of patience, love and devotion. The Nessian romance delivered—boy did it deliver! I don’t want to say too much, but let’s say I want a Cassian and an Azriel wrapped up in a nice little bow for me.

The true surprise, however, came with Nesta’s “Inner Circle”, the amazing new additions to the cast that all readers need to meet and fall in love with. Stories of women uplifting women are not only wanted, but needed, and this novel is the proof of it. Sarah J. Maas tackled so many important, painful topics through these women, but their stories fill me with so much hope. It’s never too late to fall in love with a character in Prythian, let’s just surrender to that truth.

And now? The Azriel book. I will accept nothing else.

magicalmelia's review

adventurous dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

Ok wow I didn’t think I would like this book as much as I did. I HATED Nesta going into this book - I left ACOFAS thinking “omg I have to read a freaking text book about NESTA UGH” but I honestly was SO SURPRISED by how much I loved this book. Cassian is adorable, strong, brave, and SUCH A HEARTTHROB - without spoiling it, Nesta actually becomes… dare I say… tolerable.. and then some. - overall, this ranks 3 out of the 5 books for me. The first being ACOMAF, then ACOWAR, then this (ACOSF)

Spoiler NESTA REDEMPTION!!! Wow I am so proud of her. The GIRL GANG energy in this book is unmatched - I love Gwyn & Emerie and the light they bring to this book. Nesta making friends :,) the adventure plot in this fell a tiny bit flat but honestly I didn’t care because I was so happy about Nesta being nice . Plus the spicy parts are 11/10