Red, White & Royal Blue, by Casey McQuiston

maddielizreads's review against another edition

This is the second time I have read this book. I love this book so much!

lolwithana's review against another edition

no tengo palabras para expresar lo mucho que amé este libro. si pudiera le daria 10 estrellas en vez de 5. es perfecto, genial, maravilloso, y un abrazo al alma. simplemente magnifico.

magicalmysmalin's review against another edition

Sweet and Sassy

I loved this. The characters are real and relatable, the story is equal parts funny, touching, and sexy. Henry and Alex are so easy to love and root for.

isbrooken's review against another edition

Alex Claremont Diaz is the biracial 'first offspring' of the first woman President, trying to figure out his sexuality in the spotlight.

His Royal Highness Prince Henry George Edward James Fox-Mountchristen-Windsor of Wales is the royal heartthrob with a scandalous secret: he's gay.

Heads up: the politics are a little good vs. evil, with lots of jabs about America's choices since Obama's presidency ended.

Fluff, angst, and super great tropes.

The audiobook brings this story to life and the jokes and sarcasm are perfectly executed.

Reasons to enjoy this book:
The President of the United States is a woman!
INTERNATIONAL CAKE SCANDAL
Turkey
Mom has PowerPoints

helenfred's review against another edition

I just finished this book now at 2.20am after spending all evening watching the news of the insane shit happening in DC right now (Jan. 6th 2020). McQuiston wrote in the acknowledgements that they wished for the book to be a spark of joy and hope, and it truly was for me.

This book felt like reading a really good fanfic, and I say that as a great compliment. I read it insanely fast (by my standards) and I kinda didn't want it to end. I don't know if it's a great book in all aspects, but it was a very enjoyable book and that's obviously most important. So I can't really give it any less than 5/5.

PS. I borrowed this book from the library and at the very end of the book was a post it note that said "I hope you also cried a little bit - everything feels better when you cry" and I just wanted to share that.

andreachiasson's review against another edition

This book was super cute, I think I enjoyed the first 1/2-3/4 of the book more than the ending. I feel like the ending of the book went on longer than I wanted it to, and I just found myself not as interested and less invested.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Alex and Henry. I enjoyed the fact that they both came from rough family backgrounds (despite also being incredibly privileged). I enjoyed the fact that there was a female president- hopefully one day this could be reality? I really loved that they weren’t just gay; but that one was bisexual. You don’t see or read about a lot of bisexual male characters and it’s always so nice to see some representation.

I LOVED Nora and June (they were definitely together idc). They were so incredibly supportive of Alex and just always a great addition to a scene! I wanna be friends with them ahah

I did find the writing style a bit hard to follow at some points- specifically the texting (however I was reading it on my phone so it could have been formatted wrong). But certain scenes in general dragged on for a bit longer than I would have wanted. I also think the use of real names from the Royal family threw me off.

Overall, I did enjoy reading this book. At many points I found myself smiling at Alex and Henry and rooting for them & I loved the squad they had and the representation this book gives.

3.5 stars ✨

julia00's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

ryjciu's review

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

whittenholmes's review

adventurous emotional funny inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

bafahl's review against another edition

3.5 Stars rounded up.