jackobotts's review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced

pizzamyheart's review

I have been reading 1-2 chapters of this book each week for the past two years. It it full of advice for the every day woman in corporate America. I have learned many insightful tips that I have started to incorporate into my work life. There were some chapters that didn't apply to me, but many held such helpful advice that I had to give this book 5 stars. Even though I've finished every chapter, I plan to continue reading 1-2 chapters a week and working on the advice she provides. I would encourage any woman (in a regular 9-5 job) to pick up this advice. Even if only 5 chapters apply to you, they could still be the 5 chapters that change your work life.

jlbates's review

Just like anything else... give thought to which advice makes the most sense for you, but overall a good review on office mistakes we all make.

desert_side_notched's review

informative

demipizza's review against another edition

Did not like this book

methanojen's review against another edition

Not nearly as good as "Women Don't Ask". Doesn't go into detail about the root of the problems just gives simplistic advice in an annoying, aggressive writing style. I don't like the short listed format.

runawayplankton's review

informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

xandramcgovern's review

informative inspiring reflective fast-paced

charlottesteggz's review against another edition

While it was helpful in places, I often found this book to be judgemental with antiquated ideas of what women can and can't do (for example, there's a section telling the reader to not have tattoos or long hair). There are much better, motivating and uplifting books out there.

rowananne's review against another edition

3,5.
Goede tips, maar ook erg Amerikaans en corporate ingestoken. En bij het hoofdstuk over hoe je je haar moet dragen (lees: hoe korter hoe beter, want lang haar is meisjesachtig) werd ik even heel woedend. Eigenlijk hetzelfde met nog een paar hoofdstukken. Maar aan andere stukken heb ik wel weer veel gehad.