Then She Was Gone, by Lisa Jewell

mic_markovski13's review

adventurous challenging dark sad tense fast-paced

_dani_ellie_'s review

This was a very spooky/disturbing book, but not too much that I couldn't still enjoy it! It was pretty predictable but that didn't take away from how horrible it was. There were only a few small things that kept this from being a 5 star read.

dancerlady4life's review

Even though I had pretty much figured out what happen to Ellie and what her fate was early on, it was still a good read to see exactly how the author unraveled the rest of the story.

filemanager's review

The author is obviously British so I read the whole book with an English accent in my head. Ha. I finished this book in 2 days. Great story, a bit predictable but the ending was a wonderful surprise!

linareadsomebooks's review

3.5 stars. For me, it started picking up half way through part 3. After that, it was nonstop putting the pieces together & I didn’t want to put it down. Looking forward to more by Lisa Jewell

Changed my rating to 4 stars after someone asked me what happens & I explained it to them.

smallsreadsbooks's review

dark fast-paced

Thanks I hate it

kaynisonger's review

What I thought would be the twist wasn’t but then the book just kind of ended, like the ending left me feeling meh.

shelikesbig_books's review

✨REVIEW✨ I thoroughly enjoyed Then She Was Gone by @lisajewelluk . The writing was beautiful and I think it is because of the good writing that I was so invested in a book with characters who regularly irked me. Although I didn’t love many of the characters, I did love their growth and development, Laurel’s in particular. The title ‘Then She Was Gone’ can apply to Ellie’s disappearance but it also applies to the shell of a person Laurel became after her daughter went missing. The shell was gone by the end of the book and Laurel grew into a character with much better perspective and maturity. As a mother, this was a tough read but I am glad my book club voted on it for this month.

alehmann018's review

dark emotional hopeful mysterious sad tense medium-paced

aivhe's review against another edition

Lisa Jewell is a brilliant story-teller. I give 5 stars when a) it moved me b) the story and characters haunt me c) the plot twist is genius. It might be just a little bit of everything, but I really enjoyed reading it. I’m looking forward to read more of Lisa Jewell’s work.