Reviews tagging Injury/injury detail

Neon Gods, by Katee Robert

greattappertwo's review

challenging dark emotional hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

This was a delightful book. I ate it up and it was another fun sexy time by Katee. Good ass time

cady_sass's review

adventurous tense medium-paced

10% fantasy, 90% smut. I just…. I just need a little more story, man. It’s so, so close to being interesting. But hey, if you’re looking for gloriously gratuitous smut then boy do i have the book for you

fayesreads_'s review

challenging dark tense medium-paced

Um…. I don’t even know how to rate this lmao. Decisions were definitely made in this book! Some of them I liked, most of them I didn’t. I simultaneously hated and enjoyed this book? I guess I only came for the Katee Robert smut & it did deliver on that front, but everything else was…. Something.

midnacine's review

dark tense medium-paced

I much prefer this version of Hades and Persephone over the version in A Touch of Darkness. Unique world building, compelling plot, interesting characters, and excellent spice. I only wish there'd been a little more exposition to really establish the villain as scary and threatening. Looking forward to reading the second one!

saeruh's review against another edition

fast-paced

The smut was good 😝 although they seemed to be done pretty quickly each time. However, I have so many questions left still unanswered by the end of this book. Why did they keep calling the group the Thirteen if there was only twelve of them without a Hera? How were they all human but those in power seemed to have supernatural abilities? Do you lose your original name once you gain a title? If so, did Hades have another name or were both him and his father named Hades? Also unrelated but Robert described Hades as having long hair and that was a turn off/ick to me, lmao

adventureandallegory's review

fast-paced

dolores_madil's review

dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

things100's review

challenging dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

Amazing book, I love Katee Robert’s books. Can’t wait to read the rest of the series. I loved Persephone and Hades relationship and how we all hate Zeus. Such a cute relationship but full of spice dang 🥵. Have fun reading

erica_reads_things's review

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

Overall a fun read, but I noticed that in the beginning it is VERY reminiscent of 50 Shades of Gray. Like, down to
Spoiler the lip biting, eye rolling, submissive/dom theme, kink room, the "I don't usually let people in my bed" thing, him not letting her touch him because of scars, etc.
. However, it did eventually deviate from that in probably very intentional ways like much more consent, equality, and it had an actually interesting plot that kept me wanting to read and see what happens.

txikimandy's review

dark emotional fast-paced

I read this for a “Rated-R” book club, and I have to say I’m pretty disappointed. The worldbuilding is awful and the writing is subpar at best. It’s full of grammatical errors and “I don’t think this word means what you think it means” errors. The characters are great and I liked the plot well enough, however everything was just not done well enough for me. Particularly in the beginning, the reasons for characters disliking one another were not explored/explained enough, nor was the governmental structure or the rest of the world. We are evidently in a universe where California and Ohio exist (and according to other reviews about this book, Disney villains), but we don’t get any information about how this seemingly magical world fits into our mundane one. If you’re reading for plot or a well-written, fleshed-out story, I do not recommend this book.

The one good thing I can say about Robert’s writing is the characterization. Some of it left more to be desired, like Hades’s perception of what his constituents think of him and why it doesn’t line up with how they actually feel. But overall, Hades and Persephone each had really big character arcs that I felt were well-developed.

Further, to Robert’s credit, she is a really good smut and romance writer. There were some sex scenes that I felt were described unrealistically (for example, a mere two paragraphs until Persephone finishes) or were not long enough, but the vast majority were descriptive, hot, and steamy. The fluffy romance scenes between Hades and Persephone were amazing. I melted every time there was anything romantic happening. I liked the development of both characters and their relationship. If you read purely for smut and romance, I would recommend this book.