They Both Die at the End, by Adam Silvera

clarapaige2705's review against another edition

This is the most gorgeous love story that deserves everything in the world. And more.

riseandspine's review against another edition

“No matter when it happens, we all have our endings. No one goes on. But what we leave behind keeps us alive for someone else.”

This book has been on my TBR for a long time now, and I finally committed to reading it this year. My only disappointment is that I waited this long to read it, because it has been one of my favorite reads this year.

If your day started with being told that you were going to die today and you knew there was absolutely nothing you could do to prevent it, how would you choose to spend that day? This story of Rufus and Mateo and what they choose to do really opened my eyes, not on dying, but on living. It took me through every emotion I can think of, and I am not ashamed to say that I spent a good chunk of this book with tears in my eyes.

If you haven’t read this yet, what’s holding you back? Make time for it, because it just might change your perspective on life.

jesserry's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful sad medium-paced

clints graveyard :(((

jeswil62's review against another edition

I was instantly hooked by the spoilery title and damn. Even knowing what I did, this book hit me in the feels so many times. I love Mateo and Rufus and how the different side characters and storylines connected. The story is a good balance, never veering and staying super dark and heavy. The world was also really well thought out. 10/10 would recommend.

tahj's review against another edition

emotional funny sad medium-paced

mxhx_kxrx's review against another edition

emotional funny reflective sad tense

antelucan's review against another edition

i was on edge the whole book. and even though we all knew what was gonna happen, my soul still left my body at the ending.

oddly enough, this book was somewhat comforting. we're all terrified of what happens in the end, or rather, after the end. i think silvera did a good job of sending them both off at least somewhat at peace.

sammiix's review against another edition

emotional sad medium-paced

I really liked how the characters relationship unfolded -
Spoilerespecially when they became lovers at the end.
Spoiler Ending was sad but yet bittersweet. ~ live every day like it’s your last ~

mads333's review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring reflective sad slow-paced

itssoupy's review against another edition

adventurous emotional fast-paced