Edgewood by Kristen Ciccarelli

kristindawn89's review

adventurous hopeful inspiring reflective slow-paced

karleighreads's review against another edition

Masterpiece. I knew it would be a five star read before I was 60% though. It is the perfect blend of romance and fantasy, with amazing world building. unique and enchanting characters, and many unpredictable twists.
I want more, I want to read it again for the first time, I want to be apart of this world. It has been a long time since I’ve felt this way about a book.

If you are looking for that one book that is going to immerse you into an enchanted wood, curses, and fantastical creatures I can't recommend Edgewood enough. Plus the cover is absolutely stunning.

itputsthebookupontheshelf's review against another edition

I knew this was going to be a special and unique story and I'm so glad it lived up to my expectations. I loved all the magical and musical details that were a big part of the story. But it was so much more than that.

The characters were beautifully written and I enjoyed getting to know them all on a deeper level. There was so much to each of them that blended so well into the story.

The whole story-line was a great adventure sprinkled with magic, love, loss, never giving up, trusting what you feel in your soul, and remembering who you are. It was honestly just so beautiful and I wish I had more.

*Thank you so much to Wednesday books, Netgalley and Macmillan Audio for my gifted copies in exchange for an honest review.

orykath's review

🌶🌶

soryualan's review

adventurous emotional inspiring fast-paced

This book was a very pleasant surprise!! I loved the atmosphere the characters, the magic. The book talks about very hard topics but I think they are handled in such a careful way. It truly makes you feed sympathy for the characters. The writing is so clear and compelling. I had no trouble imagining the forest, creatures, places and the emotions of the characters are conveyed in a way that really makes you sympathize with them. The building of the romantic relationship is so lovely
and here I'm referring to the actually building of the relationship when Hawthorn and Emeline first met when they where teenagers
is one of the best I've read. I'm surprised this book doesn't have a higher rating.

nachotaco07's review

adventurous mysterious sad fast-paced

Loved it 😍

amybraunauthor's review against another edition

This is one of the most heart-breaking books I’ve ever read. I swear it was specifically written to cause pain. Yet I found it to be a compelling, darkly romantic story that, while not my usual faire, was beautifully written and full of stakes.

Emeline is a character who is easy to relate to. She has clear goals and ambitions and is eager to see them realized. While at times it does make her a little selfish, that also made her believable and understandable. Hawthorne is an interesting character who I have some mixed feelings about, but I never disliked him.

Much of this story centres around sacrifice and love. Emeline is forced to make choices that put her dreams at risk, all while battling monsters and uncovering secrets and stopping curses. While this isn’t an action-filled book, nor is it slow in the pace.

The romance with Hawthorne is a complex one. There is so much history, drama, and mistakes between them that it made for a unique, if a little tragic, romance by the end.

The writing style is gorgeous. Every word is atmospheric and well put together. The scenes are meant to draw out the emotion and make the reader ache when something sad happens.

This is one of those books where sacrifice is key. It makes for some sad moments, but I also appreciated the craft of it. This is a recommend for anyone looking for an emotional, romantic read. I enjoyed it and wonder what the author will write next!

janereads10's review