Siege and Storm, by Leigh Bardugo

melperson's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

more_riita's review against another edition

This was the first time I thought I would dnf a book…i didn’t but I should have done it.

bad_bookworm_h's review against another edition

This one was definitely better than the first book. Still not brilliant but a solid read all the same

sarithaann's review against another edition

Made it to page 310 after trying to finish this book for two months have decided that I just don’t care. Ended up as a DNF with about hundred pages left. Will see if I enjoy the story better with the Netflix series but giving up on the series in book form.

lacowie's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

ameliaa's review against another edition

funny hopeful tense fast-paced

momochii's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny hopeful mysterious medium-paced

sgeron's review against another edition

Leigh Bardugo creates some of the best characters and the introduction of Nikolai is my favorite aspect of this sequel. I do find myself enjoying this series much more than the first time I read it, especially since I have some more insight from other books she has written that take place in the Grishaverse. Now onto the final book of Alina.

philtatos's review against another edition

I liked Shadow and Bone a lot that I was excited for this next one. I was delighted to find that the themes in Siege and Storm were darker than the previous ones. The stakes were higher as well. Apart from all the old characters, and we also get a couple new additions to the crew. I took an instant liking to most of them, most especially Sturmhond.

Alina finally learns to accept who she is and grows alongside her power. However, with that power comes a dark side of her that she can no longer hide. Her character development was good for the most part, but there were some minor things that ended up annoying me. My main disappointment would be how the Darkling barely had any page time. His appearances were brief, lasting only several chapters. Other than that, I though the book was enjoyable, even more so than Shadow and Bone.

The pacing was slower compared to Shadow and Bone but surprisingly, I didn't actually mind it all that much. Bardugo's writing style constantly makes up for it and she keeps the world interesting enough for me to make it to the end.

amandagrillo's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced