Neon Gods by Katee Robert

heyheyaa's review against another edition

It was aight.
I still don’t understand SO much of the world. Why was hades banished to the lower city? What are the 13 in charge of? Why did Zeus kill hades’ parents? What was up with the “ son for a son” thing.
It felt like a sequel with the first book missing.
Steaminess was good though.

danijwood's review against another edition

3.25 stars. This was a reread for me, and I did not enjoy it the second time around. I will continue the series for now, which is why I reread this but very middle of the road for me.

maritreads's review against another edition

this was a very conflicting read. i liked some parts (like the actual political conflict) but other parts were not my thing at all (like how the plot dragged in the middle to the point of me not wanting to continue reading). over all, i liked it enough to finish it and consider picking up the sequel.

amandaladd3's review against another edition

Honestly. Don't know what the hype is all about. It's just a bad erotica book. The Greek mythology makes no sense... and the storyline of all of that was so horrible and confusing... I could not get into this book. If you want a Fifty Shades of Grey themed with Greek mythology that is very inaccurate, have at it.
I stopped reading because I was bored.

lolloreads00's review

Persephone had plans of running away from Olympus, it’s politics and the 13 houses. She didn’t fit into the mold but then her mother went ahead and ruined that plan. An engagement to Zeus forces her hand and Persephone can only see one way out. Running for her life. Once she crosses the bridge over to forbidden lands she meets Hades. He’s been hiding away in the darkness and doesn’t want to change that anytime soon.

I have to admit I went in blind with this one, except I knew it’s was spicy. Which I’d say is an accurate description, there are so many spicy scenes that it overshadows the plot in my opinion. It’s an interesting take on Greek mythology, a modern retelling of Hades and Persephone. Personality I would have liked more content surrounding the thirteen and the feud.

There isn’t much else to complain about really, in the beginning I was so I hyped about the storyline but the steamy scenes took over. A missed opportunity imo.

acp007's review against another edition

wayyyyyy too smutty for me

punk_n_plant's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

robynensolis's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

amethystmoons's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional fast-paced

This book was well written and has a very interesting premise. However, I do feel that it fell a little flat. I feel like there was so much potential and yet we just sat at the cusp of what could have been great.

sophiper's review against another edition

fast-paced