Reviews for Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You, by Jonny Sun, Lin-Manuel Miranda

dorothylong's review

3.5 stars

mmattmiller's review

One of those things I didn't know I needed until I had it. Definitely a book I'll revisit again and again.

anoldharmonica's review

Lin-Manuel Miranda is the best human. He is a ball of sunshine in human form and we don’t deserve him.

linyarai's review

This was an amazing collection of some of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Gmorning and Gnight tweets. They were all really sweet and beautiful and very uplifting.

sacha77's review

peep the pep

maryreadsandsips's review

My husband and I spent months reading one in the morning, and its corresponding message at night, which I HIGHLY recommend and was a delightful way to cap the day. Sweet, empowering, funny and heartfelt, I’ll revisit this one whenever I need a pep talk.

rrrrrocks's review

Love love LOVE this book ! I don't think it's meant to be read quickly, but it is definitely a quick read. I myself only took on this book a couple of times, stretched over months, because I wanted to have more of it for a longer time. My first idea was to read one "good morning" and one "good night" text per day - the first one as I wake up, the other one before going to sleep - but I failed incredibly.

The illustration by Jonny Sun are cute and complementary to the text and overall just makes this the perfection it is.

Now that I've read it all, that I've been lift up by Lin-Manuel Miranda, that he gave some more positivity in this world, I'll put the book back into my shelf and I know that when I'll need more softness, more goodness, more strength, it'll be there for me. I think this is what the book is for and it does a good job at that.

bmlancou's review

Short and amazing book of pep talks/poems to boost your motivation and self worth. Should be on everyone coffee table.

morockin_readin's review

It took me a while to read it all not because I didn't want to but it felt like I needed to read it slowly. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a beautiful soul and his poetic, encouraging tweets are

aagigas's review

In a world with an increasingly outspoken level of hatred and anger, this book is the relief we all need. A gentle reminder to love the people around us, and especially ourselves. Emphasizing compassion, empathy, kindness, and sympathy, Gmorning, Gnight reminds us to be gentle.
An absolutely amazing read when the world is feeling a little hopeless.