Witches Get Stitches by Juliette Cross

cadeal03's review against another edition

Loved Nico and Violet’s story so much. Absolutely perfect.

teatime_and_reading's review against another edition

Actual rating: 2.50 ⭐

antoniaa's review

funny lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

bekacrook's review

funny hopeful sad medium-paced

Nico and Violet were both interesting characters, they were fun, stubborn, fiesty and kind. They really were two sides of the same coin. It was interesting to be inside their heads and see how they felt about the other before the other knew. Although, the lack of communication between them at the start was infuriating, their whole story could have been so simple and happy if they had just been upfront from the start but then I suppose we wouldn't have much of a story.

The majority of the plot focused around the sexual tension and the 'will they/won't they' of their relationship but it was also nice to see their underlying friendship. The inclusion of the storyline around the werewolf gang and the injustice faced by werewolves in general felt a bit forced and shoved in at the end, almost like an afterthought. I enjoyed the bit around the kidnapping and the realisation that they all want the same thing even if they went around it in the wrong way. However, the level of idealism with the wanting to change the whole world and the prejudice faced by werewolves felt a bit naive of Violet in a way that didn't match her character. It felt like a huge step that would be overwhelming to consider, if they had thought to start local and then move further afield I think it may have felt more realistic. However, I'm also aware that it is a supernatural book so realism isn't always needed.

But I really liked the characters and seeing more of the characters from the other stories and how their lives are unfolding besides the main characters in this book. It also gave hints and clues towards the couplings in the future books which I enjoyed.

portionsforfoxes's review

fast-paced

kinokonoyama's review against another edition

emotional funny medium-paced

carissawringe's review against another edition

Friends to lovers, sweet and enjoyable-

books_tea_reading's review

slow-paced

I liked this but
the conflict between violet and nico was unnecessary and stupid, I mean we knew from the beginning she shouldn’t have done her own reading and that a seer shouldn’t tell too much because then they interfere too much. She did both these things in her own life, did her own reading and obviously wrong and then let that reading interfere with her actions and life
They could have gotten together soooo much sooner if she just stopped to think for like two seconds. This was my least favorite of the series and I love the series as a whole and the sisters and their relationship.