Ruin and Rising, by Leigh Bardugo

jess_eats_books's review against another edition

This trilogy was a fun listen, even if she didn’t pick the boy I liked.

drowningfaithh's review against another edition

3 out of 5 stars

Predictable plot lines and typical YA-ness aside, I think it was a satisfying enough conclusion and I could not have imagined it to end in any other way. The end was very fitting, both Mal and Alina having to give up what was the most important to them.
Spoiler(Mal lost his purpose and Alina lost her power, now they would not have anything to fight about)

As for the Darkling, however, we see less of him and felt as if he deserved more screen time or something. I cannot believe his fate ended the way it did. I felt like there could have been more, but of course, we had to focus on the main protagonists. He could have been a greater villain, if he were more developed.

airish's review against another edition

slow-paced

jadereader08's review against another edition

Well, Nikolai suffered so...

dstgmoony's review against another edition

adventurous dark medium-paced

luciasanchezmu's review against another edition

Decir que amo esta trilogía es quedarse corto. Me encantan los personajes, la ambientación, la trama... todo.
Si bien es verdad que considero que la autora no se ha atrevido a escoger en un punto clave de la novela, tampoco se lo tengo en cuenta porque ha sido un libro MARAVILLOSO. Me he reído, he llorado, he alucinado... de todo.
A destacar de esta trilogía, sin duda Nikolai. Ha pasado a ser de los mejores personajes que he tenido el placer de conocer en mi vida lectora.
Me despido de la trilogía con mucha pena, pero con un gran cariño. Lo recomiendo totalmente!

hanzelreads's review against another edition

adventurous emotional fast-paced

3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
The trilogy did not end how I wanted it to end, I felt like the book had a lot of build up and excitement that then felt so rushed at the end with no explanations. And I’m mad about my Alina and Nikolai.

emwestm's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful mysterious tense medium-paced

joa_carg's review against another edition

ay duele, quema, lastima

ejruler's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional medium-paced