All That Really Matters, by Nicole Deese

kfrickle's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

I really enjoyed the audio book, and I would highly recommend listening to it.

natasyasusanto's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

baileybogaard's review against another edition

Cute, easy read with likable characters. A different genre from what I typically read. The ending was a little far fetched and unrealistic, but other than that, it was a quick and fun read. I would read more from this author.

prerana90's review against another edition

This book was such a rollercoaster of emotions. A simple story that moved me so much. There was so much relevance and resonance with the current world of social media and it’s dilemmas we face. Only wish the book did not have smelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

Where should I even begin to explain why this book is a must read to find your spiritual awakening. It is the perfect depiction of how we fail to realise that God’s miracles are present amongst us on earth and not in some imaginary heaven.

Spoilers
The description of all the characters is crisp even smaller ones like the kids at the home. But the most touching character for me was Molly. She is confident in her work but vulnerable in her emotions. She bosses people around with her smile and gets scared of young children’s opinions about her. There is so much depth to the entire book because of this one character.

booknurturer1110's review against another edition

emotional inspiring fast-paced

nikki_h's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring medium-paced

adosenbooks's review against another edition

Summary: Molly McKenzie is a thriving Instagram beauty blogger and influencer, but once she begins volunteering at a home for kids that have aged out of the foster care system she's left wondering what is it that truly matters in life.

My take: I genuinely enjoyed reading this book, but I will say it's longggg. I feel like parts could have been consolidated to make the book a tad shorter, but I still liked it despite the length.

The storyline was relevant and realistic to an extent - the ending was a tiny bit of a stretch if you ask me, which is why I dropped the stars.

However, the story was a true feel good and a self reflection/discovery story for our main character. This story will really make you sit back and consider what is it that truly matters in life?

This book is listed as inspirational and there is a prevalent use of faith and references to God, so if you aren't religious and/or dislike this style of writing then pass on this story.

esmeralda's review

I picked this book because although I didn’t really enjoy Deese’s previous book, I did enjoy her writing. Pleasantly enough I found this story to be both entertaining and engaging.

I loved many of the characters! Molly and Silas were great – they work so well together – and I found their (eventual) relationship to be sweet. The secondary characters were very lively and interesting.

I appreciated the way that Deese portrayed both the negative and positive sides of social media and influencers. It was well-written and thoughtful.

The only real negative was the murkiness of Molly’s relationship with Jesus, as well as her lifestyle. It was rather confusing, but ultimately, I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading the sequel in the near future.

pre_reads's review against another edition

Spoilers

cmareads's review against another edition

Thanks to Bethany House for the free book.
I loved Deese's book last year, so I was super excited to get to read this one early. I loved this one just as much. She writes such deep stories that highlight the attributes of Christ in her different characters. I just loved Molly. She had so much going on in her life - from selfishly looking out for her own good to being impacted by her new project. And Silas is swoon worthy. He had such a good foundation in Christ, yet still learned throughout the book. There were so many lessons in this book, and I bet you'll need a tissue or two while reading.
I'm also a huge fan of how she highlighted what it's like for foster kids that age out of the system. This is a topic that needs more light shined on it.
She crafts hard stories so well, and I can't wait to explore her backlist and see what she comes up with next.