Origin, by Jennifer L. Armentrout

michelle_the_bookworm's review against another edition

Well shit hit the damn fan..

alexoceans's review against another edition

WOW WOW WOW

This book was literally everything to me. The action. The emotion. The pain. The death. I’m shook!
One word… EPIC. This book has been the most action-packed read I’ve had this entire year. Yea yea yea, I know I’m late to the whole Lux-train, but I’m so happy to be on the ride now. I have been engulfed in these series for the past 2 weeks. Literally reading or listening to it whenever I have the chance. It’s that good. Beginning to end.

Now I wasn’t so sure this read was going to be worth it in the beginning. But honestly, all I had to do was read the first chapter and I was hooked. I really think this has been best book out of the series so far. The thing that makes me love Origins so much, is that you were able to see so much growth in our main characters. They’ve had a steady incline of maturity over the last 3 books, but this one put it in overdrive. Kat and Daemon went through so much, but remained strong ‘till the end. So many deaths! I couldn’t believe this was approved to be a YA, lol.

In Obsidian, I remember Kat being anti-violence. And then in Onyx and Opal, you could see that she was comfortable with it. Or atleast she wanted to be. She wanted to be more and do more. And she knew that she would do anything, if she had to. But this book made her face that and put her money where her mouth is. All the conflict and anger she’s developed over time was right in front of her. And boy did she go to work, lol. And she had to learn the hard way about guilt and repercussions of her actions.

It’s really a pet peeve of mine when main characters, who are usually female, remain naïve and never grow. Like they just sit there and worry about other characters. But I LOVED how Jennifer made Kat go through so much bs too. That’s what forces people to grow, not just in books. Yea it may be scarring at times, but it helps break characters out of their shell so they can become something completely new. Kat AND Daemon have been through so much apart and together, and that makes them so much more realistic to me.

It was also pretty interesting to see Daemon’s POV. Yea it was kind of annoying to finally get a dual POV in the 4th book. But I could see how necessary it was for the plot. (Very twilight lol) I liked seeing his sweet side more too. He’s such a sweetie pie! Like he reallyyyyyyyy loves him some Kat and he rides for her like no one else. After reading Originis, I now ride for them too. They’re stronger together. But now in Opposition, they’re going to be forced to choose sides. I know Daemon won’t just forget about Kat, but its going to be a hard decision to come to.

And with all that said, I am super excited to read the conclusion to this series. Fingers-crossed that it doesn’t disappoint.

jaimielea's review against another edition

Loved it! Althought I would have rather somethings happened differntly but I love Jennifer and all her books!

dukesangel002's review against another edition

It's on!
I don't think I ever saw this series going in this direction! I have no clue where it might end with Opposition.
I'm glad I waited to read this so I can start it immediately!
Jennifer never fails to deliver an amazing book.

jennyy2's review against another edition

Read September 2013
Reread December 2015

mchapman21's review against another edition

Really good!! Threw me for a loop

jmccarren's review

You find out A LOT of information in this book. All players come together and it is truly magical! I loved it so, so, much.

More new and super important characters are introduced and you get to find out what Daedalus is up to. Also, Ash and Andrew redeem themselves in this book and I thought it was done beautifully.

Also, not sure who I love more, Daemon or Archer.

samantho1's review

Originally at The Secret Life of a Bookworm

As soon as the kindle copy became available on Amazon, I had this baby pre-ordered! I knew I had to get my hands on it ASAP after that horrible cliffhanger at the end of Opal. It downloaded onto my kindle just after midnight and I managed to squeeze in a couple of chapters before I passed out. And then as soon as I woke up, I was back to reading it. I fell in love with this series in July and yet again, this book was fantastic. Seriously, there hasn't been one book in this series that I haven't loved every second of (even if some parts tear out my heart and make me want to cry).

I freaking LOVED that this book was told from both Katy and Daemon's POV. I was ecstatic to get a look inside Daemon's head for once and see what goes on inside there. And of course, I loved hearing from Katy as usual because she's fantastic.

So the main focus of the first part of this book was getting Katy back. Daemon would stop at nothing to get Katy back - "Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her". And then Daemon goes off and does his usual crazy stupid stuff to get Katy back - the guy will actually do anything for her and it melts my heart. And as usual, Daemon's crazy ass ideas get him into trouble, not like he really cares though. He just wants Katy back.

I loved getting an insight into Daemon's mind in this book. It only made me love him more. The fact that Daemon is willing to risk his life to save Katy makes me love him more. Seeing how desperate he was to get her back and how much he loved her was heartbreaking. Daemon is a strong and determined character. When he's set his mind to something, no one can stop him. I love his determination. Sometimes he makes stupid and rash decisions, but they're always to protect someone he cares about.

Katy is one freaking strong and badass character. After being captured by Daedalus, Katy never lets them push her around. She stood her ground and stood up for herself. Even though she ended up getting hurt, she never gave into them. I adore Katy's strength. Even when she's scared to the bone, she never lets it show. She's a powerful, strong, sarcastic and lovable character.

Daeman and Katy had me squealing a hell of a lot during this book. I just adore those two together so much! It's unbelievable how perfect they are for each other. They're both so sarcastic and stubborn, and they make such a good team. There was a scene in this book about the two of them that brought tears to my eyes because it was just such a perfect moment.

Some of the things that were revealed about Daedalus was shocking. We found out why Daedalus was trying to find Hybrids and their creators which was shocking! I can't believe the force/coerce people into doing that! It's not right, especially since we found out what they do if everything goes wrong.
We also found out about the Origins. Origins are the offspring of Hybrids and Luxen - which is something that they didn't think was possible. They are born with immense powers and knowledge well beyond their years. Some of the stuff they can do is pretty freakin' scary. But I loved learning about them and seeing them. The fact that Daedalus kept them locked up was sickening. Sure, they're powerful, by they're also kids! They deserve a normal life instead of being locked away and treated like test subjects.
Blake got what he deserved in this book. I wish it hadn't happened the way it did, but it did and he fully deserved it. He was an ass.

The ending was manic and emotional. There were so many twists and stabs in the back that I just couldn't believe it! I felt so bad for the Black's when they found out that someone close to them betrayed them. And then of course, there was the massive showdown in Vegas. I was on the edge of my seat because I knew that no good could come from it. There was definitely going to be heartache and pain, and I was completely right. It was spectacular to see though. I did enjoy all the action and fighting, but there were parts that left me in tears.
Dawson's big reveal at the end didn't come as a shock to me. I'd already guessed it earlier on in the book, but I am excited to see what's going to happen! I'm really looking forward to seeing that story unravel!

And that ending! Oh, holy crap! I can't wait to see what it's going to bring for the next book because there's definitely going to be something major going down.

Overall, this was yet again another fantastic book by Jennifer L Armentrout! She sure knows how to make you feel happy and kick you in the gut at the same time (which is a good thing!). She had me feeling ecstatic, angry, sad and a hell of a lot more throughout this book because it was so damn good! So if you haven't read this series yet, what the hell are you waiting for? I insist that you go and read it right now because it's pretty freaking awesome!

cocahina's review against another edition

Nice continuation of the series. Looking forward to the conclusion.

roshanmaegaddi's review against another edition

Here I'm giving an authentic and proper review.

In this book you'll learn Daemon's POV and you'll understand how in love he is with Katy. Gosh, what happen to Katy in this book is not cool. I love it.