Reviews tagging Rape

As Good As Dead, by Holly Jackson

delfinmac's review

dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

sabrinagpedroso's review

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

novelshire's review

challenging dark emotional mysterious tense slow-paced

abbytruestory's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense medium-paced

herbookishside's review

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

junenoble's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

Okay so i was kinda slumping while reading the middle of this but it really redeemed itself in the ending/resolution. I loved this book: easy five stars. :)

katecanread's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

I’ve enjoyed this series a lot. This book was by far my favorite of the trilogy. The beginning was a little slow, but it picked up quickly and it was absolutely amazing.  I laughed and I cried and I swooned. I get easily immersed into books and this one was just like that. I didn’t put it down until I had read it cover to cover. Such a good book.

naomidanae's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious sad tense fast-paced

emmajeanvincent's review

dark emotional mysterious sad tense fast-paced

I find this book to be my second favorite in the series, not as good as the first but better than the second. I personally think that Pip has grown less likable as the series goes on, she makes a lot of decisions that don’t make sense to me; I guess that’s part of the character growth but I just personally don’t find it enjoyable. I also don’t really get her obsession with Max Hastings. I do understand the severity of the things he’s done,  I don’t like him and I have no sympathy for him but I think Pip is close to having an obsession with him and his case. I also don’t know how I feel about the end of the book. It feels satisfying but it also doesn’t, I don’t like Pips choices at the end of the book,
Spoiler her choice to completely distance herself from her family and Ravi doesn’t make sense to me. Her being around them wouldn’t change the course of the trial.
This is the also the only book I found predictable. I figured out who the main antagonist of this book was pretty quick and I wasn’t able to do that with the other books in this series. But I am satisfied with how the trial went and the last pages of the book. I did find this book a lot more interesting than the last still, Pip’s thought process in specific scenes was very interesting to read about. I definitely recommend reading this series all the way through.

ella_booksteaandlove's review

dark emotional mysterious reflective tense medium-paced

HOLLY JACKSON WHAT WAS THAT - oh my god this book is incredible!!!! So dark, so creepy, so thrilling and intense and high-stakes - honestly the perfect finale to an amazing trilogy. I need a spin-off for Pip and Ravi when they're older, please and thank you.
The book took such a dark turn, and I am HERE FOR IT. Murderous but still loveable characters? A murder that needs covering up, so they use a twisted justice to fix it? The most amazing romance that is implemented into the main plot? YES PLEASE. When I tell you this book had me holding my breath and on the edge of my chair!!! I literally read this book in one sitting.

For the love of books, please read this trilogy - you WILL NOT regret it!!!!!