Between Floors, by W.R. Gingell

schomj's review against another edition

Raced through this one and on to the next!

ebgracie77's review against another edition

This one gets a little weird. I have liked how these books are written, but this one seems a bit different than the others. There’s a lot of physicality in terms of affection, violence and just weird interactions with the Pet. I’m not entirely sure what to think of this book, but I am intrigued and I will continue reading.

The author also over explains things in the beginning as if we hadn’t read the first two books. I would put this a little under 4 stars this time.

justcatherine's review against another edition

By this point, I'm invested. Stakes are higher. Danger is present and I was legit worried through most of this book about whether Pet & her 3 Psychos were going to make it to the end of this book. I binge-read this one. Much more emotionally intense. Make sure book 4 is downloaded and ready!

koops333's review against another edition

In this book we find out a bit more about the shady entity enmeshed in the police department that our group discovered in last story--aptly named simply the Upper Management.

description

As suspected--this group might be controlled by Behindkind, and may have several nefarious plots brewing behind the scenes. However, this time around Upper Management is trying to personally mess with Team Psycho- and the detective- through some underhanded means.

After Athelas goes missing Zero tries his best to keep everyone safe while searching for answers. Meanwhile Pet is given some restrictions, Jinyoung is still being a sulky pain, and Tuatu is trying to work his way around the set-up from the previous book.

With all of this chaos going on Pet has to be even more sneaky in order to stay on the case!

description

thepurplegiraffe's review against another edition

okay wow does Gingell know how to write an intriguing ending. o-o

my Thoughts:
• Pet is such a fun narrator to follow, I love hearing her sass at everything around her
• Her relationship with her psychos is going to make me so soft before this series is over, isn't it?
• The mystery element was super cool, I liked it a lot.
• Some stuff was set up for later books that has me very intrigued indeed.
• I just had a really good time and I'm hyped about it. I'll definitely be picking the next one up sooner rather than later!

4 stars from me!

techxplorer's review

adventurous funny lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

storiesforhisglory's review

Awesome

Oh I love these stories! Pet and her psychos are hilarious and heartwarming and I have so. Many. Questions. Can’t wait to read the next books!!

whimseyandtea's review

adventurous emotional funny mysterious medium-paced

_ellen_'s review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

marklpotter's review

A Very Enjoyable Series

This isn't a series you can jump in to the middle of so go read the first two, just trust me. I'm completely entertained although the slow reveals on the Fae and all of that are killing me! I'm having great fun reading about Pet and I think a certain detective deserves a spin off for all the trouble he's been put through. I'd love to see him as a protagonist even if it was just a short story.