challenging dark mysterious slow-paced
This book made me realize that I love romantic poetry but struggle with romantic literature. The short stories were good but it was hard to get through them. Definitely would be better approached from an academic lens than a casual lens.
Reeeeeally struggled through this one. Poe is obviously super influential and great, but I don't think I was in the right head space for this collection
amycampbell's review against another edition
dark mysterious tense slow-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? A mix
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? It's complicated
It is Poe-dark, creepy, but hopefully better understood reading as an adult than as a teen. There is a good section in the back with biographical information.