jbraka's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective sad tense slow-paced

chanel is a once in a generation writer. her prose is so human and yet so sophisticated, so illuminating. listening to her voice as she retold these events was an experience that can not be replicated. i felt like i knew her, like she was in the room with me. i am so comforted by her words and we all should be so honored she shared this vulnerable but resilient story with us. thank you, chanel.

anamsalcedo's review against another edition

challenging emotional inspiring tense medium-paced

tabeam's review against another edition

dark emotional inspiring medium-paced

Wonderfully written and truly inspiring. How far Chanel Miller has come is truly unbelievable and to me her book is one of the best autobiography I've read. It serves as an awakening as to how institutionalized rape culture and sexism truly are and how excruciatingly painful such trials are for the victim. That she manages to end the book on a positive note is crazy.

ashleighbonica's review

challenging emotional inspiring reflective medium-paced

charlotte123's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective

elliej's review

challenging dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

lexi17d's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad tense fast-paced

ameliasbooks's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

brookey8888's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional informative inspiring sad medium-paced

This was a very difficult read, but I’m glad I read it. Tbh I knew only the Bare minimum about this case, so I’m glad I got to learn more about what actually happened. Channel is so strong and so are her support systems. She’s really someone to look up to and I’m so sorry this happened to her. I did tear up multiple times.

ashlencheyenne's review against another edition

dark emotional sad tense medium-paced

If you can read this, you should. It’s the best book I’ve read in 2021. The audiobook is beautiful and harrowing, and I bought a physical copy to have and keep forever.