Wie Monde so silbern, by Marissa Meyer

kitkatscanread's review against another edition

This book was an actual great read.
I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I did.
I was thinking to myself "Yeah...it's good. I'll give it 4 stars"
But no, it just got better.
I think Cinder's character is great. She is definitely one of my favourites.
There wasn't a lot of romance either, which was surprising.
Overall, very good.

Full review: http://kitkat1242.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/review-cinder-by-marissa-meyer.html

tingularity's review against another edition

This. Book. Was. UNPUTDOWNABLE. It made me read late--really late--into the night, and that hadn't happened in years! Cinder was a great multidimensional heroine whose emotional and experience spectrums are realistic and believable; also love the relationships she had with different characters. Although a lot of the twists and plot points were predictable from a mile away, they are inferior traits compared to the quirky and interesting cyborg and tech elements of the book.

thejanewayprotocol's review against another edition

*** Just did a reread in 2016 - I originally gave this book four stars. I think I docked it a star because of the predictable plot twist, but when I reread the book, HOLY CRAP THE FORESHADOWING I obviously missed the first time around. That, and because I enjoyed the second time reading as much as the first, bumps it up to 5 stars in my book. I just really love this series. ***

OK, is there anyone else out there who thinks that Cinder is another story for Sailor Moon?!?!?! Maybe it's just me because I LOVE Sailor Moon, but come on!!! A lost princess of the Moon, brought to Earth, but doesn't know her true identity??? The people of the Moon are referred to as Luna, an evil Queen plots to take over the moon, and tries to force the handsome Early Prince to marry her... no? Just me? Fiiiiiiine.

Either way, this book was AWESOME! I now know what everyone has been talking about.

Cinder is the story of a girl whose tragic past has forced her to be rebuilt as a Cyborg. She was involved in an accident that should have killed her. She has no memory of anything that happened to her before the age of 11. She was adopted by a man who was almost immediately killed by the Plague disease which is spreading all over earth. Cinder didn't even get a chance to meet her would be adopted-father. She is left in the custody of her "Step-Mother" and "Step-Sisters" (I get that we are trying to follow the story arc of Cinderella here, but I'm not sure why they are Step, as she is not related to either Parent.) Her Step-Mother, Adri, loathes Cinder. She blames her for all her misfortunes in her life, and has Cinder do most of the bread winning for the family. Her eldest sister, Pearl is of the same stock, but the younger girl, Peony, doesn't care that Cinder is not her real sister, or that she is Cyborg. They love each other.

Cinder is a very talented mechanic, probably being over 30% machine herself helps, and it is because of her strong reputation that brings Prince Kai into her life. He has a android that is in desperate need of repair, although he won`t say why. But it is from that moment the two develop a loose friendship, and attraction to one another...

A series of unfortunate events begins to take Cinder out of her comfort zone, and forces her and Kai to work together to unravel the mystery of the missing Moon Princess, and what it could potentially mean for them and the other citizens of Earth.

I cannot tell you how impressed I was with this book. When I first heard it was about Cyborgs and the future, and dealt with populations on the moon and earth, I was all like, Oh god, this book is going to be all description and scientific nonsense and i`m only going to understand half of what is going on at a time. NOOOOOO! The book moved very quickly, there was minimal robot talk and terms, but even then it was easy to understand.

The dialogue in this book was fantastic. Sometimes when writing books of this genre and plot lines, the characters can sound corny or cliched, but it was all great. Cinder is a fantastic female character, and I was even surprised to find that Prince Kai was a great character as well. I also LOVED that there was no love triangle, or insta-love. Yes Cinder and the Prince do like each other, but it was not right away, it developed with the rest of the story. So refreshing!

I cannot say enough about this book. I am going to be immediately reading the next book in the series. I just loved it so much. I can`t wait to find out what happens!!!!

silverscree's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

nellebzc's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

ninetalevixen's review against another edition

In theory, I probably should've liked this book a lot more than I actually did. The plot was fascinating and I definitely related to Cinder, but I guess the narrative itself wasn't very compelling. The writing style didn't strongly appeal to me and the developments didn't really excite me.

gdavis254's review against another edition

Spectacular

lifeoflauren's review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring mysterious slow-paced

sofgem's review against another edition

Puntuación 4.9/5

Reseña completa próximamente en Accio Libros y en el Wrap Up de Junio en mi canal

Discusión con el RavenClub: https://plus.google.com/events/ch4ke5rf5nskhqnb8op6p2vrd7g

lenni_loves_literature's review against another edition

Actual Rating: 3.5

This book was definitely exciting. I enjoyed the relationship between Kai and Cinder in this book, and the end was particularly thrilling. I was reading it this morning and no matter how many time my stomach told me I was hungry, I couldn’t put the book down!!!!!

Sadly, I did find the book highly predictable. The very first moment they mentioned the fact that Princess Selene was alive, I knew it had to be Cinder. And after Cinder’s first meeting with Dr. Erland, I knew he had to be a Lunar. There was just too much predictability for me to entirely enjoy the book.

I was really mad that Peony and Kai’s father died. I mean, it was kind of obvious that the king would die, but he seemed like such a good person!!!! It was the death of Peony that really made me sad. Peony was the nicest human at the beginning and then she had to die! What?!?!? Not to mention the whole disassembling of Iko. Life is really against Cinder!

I really do hope that Cinder can find a new robot for Iko’s personality chip in the next book.

I’m a little confused as to why Dr. Erland was holding so much important info from Kai. He’s the prince and he was looking for Selene just as much as Dr. Erland was!!! I’m not sure why he would do all that secret keeping.

Over all, the book was a bit predictable, but I’m excited to see what comes next. I’m also eager to find out what happens between Cinder and Kai. When Kai finds her again, will he present Cinder with her old foot???😂😂😂 I can’t wait to know what happens and I hope the next book isn’t as predictable.