The Bride Test, by Helen Hoang

tayacass's review

I think my reason for a lower ranking is because I didn’t love that the mother just picked a girl to come over to marry her son and she willingly did it, leaving her daughter behind. Maybe I’m just too privileged to understand the need to find a way to make ends meet….

elisegmusic's review

hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

caytiecadence's review

YES! 6th in line for my libraries total copies they will buy.
Can't wait for this one to come out

This one was better than the last one. The MC with autism was more realistic and genuine than in the Kiss Quotient.

becsbookshelf's review

“Everyone deserved to love and be loved back. Everyone. Even her.”

Khai thinks he’s defective and incapable of showing any emotions like grief and love. The accountant loves his routine and drowning himself in numbers. His family know him better and that his autism just means he processed things differently. As a rule Khai doesn’t let anyone new in so his mother takes his dating life into her own hands and returns to Vietnam to find Khai a wife.

Esme is a mixed race girl living with her mother, great grandmother and her daughter. Working away at her hotel job she crosses paths with a woman trying to find her American son a husband. It’s an offer Esme cannot turn down so she leaves her family behind to make a better life for them, while attempting the seduce Khai along the way.

Esme finds herself smitten with Khai even though he’s made it clear he can never return the affection and feelings she desires. Khai does not like being touched and being touched without warning.

When Esme realises that he does feel for her however cannot give in to his desires she takes her future into her own hands and begins to make a life for herself and her family. Leaving Khai to face the feelings he been pushing as side all along. Love isn’t perfect and for some love looks and feels completely different, it’s what makes you feel whole!

I love Helen Hoang and would read a absolutely anything she writers. Hoang is an auto buy author for me and I cannot wait to see what’s comes next. I’ve now completed The Kiss Quotient series, if you havnt read The Kiss Quotient and The Heart Principle this is your sign to do it!

amyherbert's review

I loved this book so much I had to stop myself from gobbling it down like egg rolls or tropical fruit (read the book and you'll understand!). In fact, before I had even finished reading the library's copy, I ordered my own copy along with The Kiss Quotient and Helen Hoang's next novel that comes out next year. Loved the sensitive and realistic portrayal of a hero on the spectrum as a person rather than his diagnosis and the brave lady who sees him as the man she loves not a problem to be solved. Brilliant writing and a heartwarming love story!

introreads's review

I loved this one SO much!

bethd's review against another edition

emotional funny relaxing medium-paced

dantes_inferno_0103's review

i liked the premise a lot…two characters with very interesting life stories…i liked the representation, the dual perspective, and plot…nothing too crazy or fantastic about it

hannahl0vesbooks's review