An Intrepid Trip to Love, by Charlie Cochet

sylvia_is_reading's review

It feels like 2 different stories, one funny story with freaky mutant spiders and a more serious one about clan politics and mating. I like both but for me it would have worked better as two separate stories.

teenykins's review

Loved the quips, the jokes, the MCs and the secondary characters, it flowed quickly and I really want to know Hunter and Ari's story but by the end I didn't loved it, just liked it.

hermitstarbooks's review

I love the characters in this story. They really come to life. I generally don't go for stories that involve things like "true mates" or "soul mates" but this is one that handled that very well. It didn't seem forced or worn out, which can happen all too often. I really enjoyed the political power struggle within the shifter clan. It gave the world a depth I appreciate.

The only thing I didn't like was that there were an awful lot of character names and family connections to keep straight for it being a short story. I did have to go back and remind myself who certain people were a couple of times.

Otherwise, this story was A+ reading material.

minahggk's review

How often do you find fairly light, fluffy and cute shifter stories? This book satisfied all of those urges, made better by the awesome characterization of the MCs.

Of course, characterization of the supporting cast as well as the dialogue in some teensy instances could be improved on but it was a free book and as free books go, this was great!

One other issue I had with this book was the presence of too many characters by the end, it was a chore trying to remember everybody's mother's, brother's and grandparents' names. Well, I guess this will be cleared up if you read book 2.

cedewatson's review

This book is perfect, witty, sexy and it has alien like spiders. Hoping to get Hunter and Ari's story one day

midori's review

Cute.
The story was all goofy ridiculous humor with a side of fluff. Basically, an alternative-universe Dex as an alpha husky shifter.
It wasn't long enough for me to get a feel for the MC's personalities, and the plot was mostly cliches. But I still had fun reading it!

atomecko's review

Loved it!

saphirablue's review

I really, really, really like this one. I love the mythologly, I love the characters, I love that they are Husky shifters (and wolf shifters and apparently others too). I like the love story. It's funny, it's sad, it's adorable. It's just good. <3

ld2's review

This was hillarious.

vpeterson's review

What an adorable story! I loved all the characters, and Trip is...well, he's a Trip. The story was entertaining, the smut was fantastic and I can definitely add Trip/Boone to my list of couples. Another great story by Charlie, who I grow to love more and more with each book I read. Definitely recommend checking this out.