A Danger to Herself and Others, by Alyssa Sheinmel

conspystery's review

dark emotional mysterious reflective tense slow-paced

booksanddachshunds's review

Full review on my blog!

The story take us to Hannah’s “day to day” into that intitution, where we get little flashbacks of how things were before she got there, aswell as parts of what supposedly happened. I actually really like stories like this, where it takes you directly into a character’s thoughts and feelings — making it seems so much more personal and cosy in a way.

I gotta say though that I wasn’t expecting that book to have that cannotation; which was more of a “mystery” while I was gone for a “contemporary/Ya/not THAT” type of novel? ahah

kittykatruin's review

mysterious medium-paced

loveliremy's review

Couldn't get into it, the first four chapters are boring.

azrielsbookshop's review

I loved this book so much. I want another one. I want to see Hannah’s life play out. It hurt my heart in the best way.

cupcates's review

Okay, so, I don't know what I expected from this book when I first started it, but this probably wasn't it. I've seen countless people say the plot twists were predictable, but I sat here like . . . uhhhhhh . . . they weren't predictable to me, so maybe I'm just dumb or wasn't paying enough attention, but still.

Hannah, as unreliable of a narrator she was, she was also strangely captivating and not at all frustrating. I couldn't connect with her at 100%, but I liked her and I empathized with her, which made this reading experience not be as heavy as it could have been.

katiebugspots's review

dark informative reflective tense medium-paced

trashmagic's review

the first time i read this book i was literally shocked it was so good too, but that was like when i was in middle school so idk if i would like it now but from what i remember i liked this book very much

uncertainhaze's review against another edition

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to read this PHENOMENAL book! There were times when it made me anxious, confused (in a good way), and gasp and lay the book down on my chest and process the words that I had just read, letting them marinate into my brain. Hannah’s story is truly wild, and up until the very last page it kept me on the edge of my seat, flipping every page to figure out what in the actual hell is going on here. Beautifully told story of a girl figuring out who she is, as unreliable as she was. Terrific read.

astramaple's review

challenging dark inspiring reflective sad medium-paced