Bayou Vol. 2, by Jeremy Love

library_hungry's review

A little more complicated than the first one--faster paced, more jumping around--but a lot more parallels. I love the way it submerges you simultaneously in two different worlds--both the fantastic world ruled by the Boss Man and populated by fables and magic, and the equally strange and mystical and dangerous South of the 1920s. We spend almost no time in the "real" world in this book, but it doesn't matter--it's there, part of the characters and the speech and everything that's happening in the fantasy. It's strange and dangerous and beautiful all at once.

meghan_is_reading's review

so gooood "nawlins is no joke" too bad vol 3 is in limbo.

erutane's review

Just seemed like nothing but nonsense when compared to the first book.

mlindner's review

stephisbranded's review

Where's the 3rd volume! I gotta know what happens next!!

booknooknoggin's review

This was not as good as the first volume and it sucks that it ended on a cliffhanger like there was going to be another volume, but I do not think there is one. This is full of racial slangs and kinda offensive even if it was written by a black author. More stuff was revealed and I wished that this would have been good as the first and finished up the story...but it is what it is.

vegebrarian's review

Unresolved. I wanted some kind of resolution but just ended up with more questions. Loved the art though; magical, and creepy.

blodeuedd's review

It's so hard to review a graphic novel. I did not remember a lot from book 1 either (seems I read it 5 years ago).

But the drawings are really good, that is what I want from a graphic novel. The story itself just seemed to end. There really should be more cos it can't end like that.

The story, they were on the run in this weird land and met rabbits in chaingangs, evil ones and more.

It's different for sure.

nilchance's review

This volume made me love Bayou even more than the first. The mythology is, again, amazing.

freeformlady's review