Maybe This Time, by Kasie West

syndi3's review

lighthearted medium-paced

It has been a while since I read Miss West's book. I am enjoying reading Maybe this Time. The story reminds me of Four Weddings and a Funeral but in YA version.

The encounter between the characters are cute and sweet. Innocent. This is how YA romance suppose to be. Adam is patient and have big heart. While Sophie is determine young woman with career goal set in the future.

The story is bit long but I enjoy every up and down. The twist and plot is not OTT cheesy. There are some moment where I was totally swooning.

Overall this is a wonderful book to close my weekend.

riyaaaa's review

It was okay.

I didn't like the main character very much ( not an unpopular opinion ). She seemed overly dramatic and never missed a chance to make a mountain out of a mole. Her reasons to be angry and stand-offish seemed stupid most of the time and I couldn't connect to her.

The friendship aspect was really cool. But I've read better books by the author.

bookmarklit's review

3.5 stars. I definitely hear why people don’t like this one as much and totally get it. For some reason, I really wasn’t that annoyed by Sophie. I thought she was a bit mean in the beginning but somehow the audiobook may have masked it for me? Not sure. I think they had good chemistry but the romance was a little too slow-burn, primarily because it felt disjointed with the time jumps. Still really enjoyed the premise though, so I’m not sure how to improve that element. Overall, definitely not a favorite, but not as bad as I expected based on reviews.

rhappe13's review against another edition

I'm sad to report that I've found another Kasie West book that I didn't fall completely head over heels for. I'd have to give this 2.5 stars.

Maybe This Time has hints West's signature adorableness, but it just didn't seem to click for these characters in this story. I thought Sophie was really rude, and not in a stubborn or even justified way. I understand she needed to develop throughout the book and everyone starts somewhere but I didn't feel I had enough understanding of her character to understand her actions or thought processes.

Although I liked the concept behind the whole 9 events spread throughout the year storyline I felt like it ultimately made me feel too much distance from the characters and the continuity of the story. Because of this, I never really felt anything strong for the other characters or their relationships with Sophie, which is really a bummer because I love the friendships and romances in Kasie West books.

Ultimately, my distance from the characters and plot made me pretty apathetic toward the whole thing. It seems like I either love Kasie West's books or feel "meh" toward them, and in this case it's the latter.

Full review to come.

sparklesnowwhite's review

:D

princesshoneytea's review against another edition

Not in the moooooood

ellie_girl2929's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful slow-paced

Just finished this book and can’t stop thinking about it. After I would finish a chapter I just kept saying one more and ended up reading about 7 in one sitting lol! Love the characters and the plot. Never read a book planned and structured like that before and thought it was very interesting. The book felt like it took a long time to read but I loved that it was long and the book actually took its time to develop bonds and friendships and tell a great story unlike other fast books. Overall I would definitely recommend.

pawsomereads2's review

Super cute as always! Kasie West doesn’t disappoint when I’m in the mood for a fluffy YA romcom. I love books set around the holidays and this one covered basically all of them! It was a really fun and sweet read.

jooke's review

Not the typical high school YA, so in a way it was refreshing. But in another way not as entertaining as expected from this author.

amcintyre23's review

A cute little teen book with a fun romance. An easy beach read for one day!