Maybe This Time, by Kasie West

book_otter's review

I’ve always loved Kasie West books, and this one was no exception. I read it all in one sitting! This particular one is one of my favorite of all her books. I liked how it was told through events. And overall it was just really cute.

toystory242's review

This review is probably biased, but I love Kasie West and all of her characters sorry losers. These characters were cute and realistic and charming, and this story was the cutest thing. I enjoyed it like always <3

Also I’m sure this wasn’t intentional but this lowkey reminded me of Howl’s Moving Castle (main character named Sophie, strained relationship with mother, little brother character, enemies to lovers romance...). It was really fun to see those elements!

rachel_abby_reads's review

Kasie likes more complicated heroines - not all sweetness and light, maybe a little issue here and there.

This one wasn't likable. I struggled with her and caring about her the whole time, and it was a total mystery to me why the guy would be interested in her when she was constantly abusive and nasty.

Also: never a fan of the angry kiss. It is a narrative device that conflates anger with romantic passion, and anger is not romantic; it's a step towards abuse.

jessicafeese's review

3.5 stars

cawleen's review

It was very surface level, and relationships didn’t have the depth I like, but it made for a cute story.

maryandherlibrary's review

Actual rating: 3.75 ⭐️

It was quick, it was cute.

heisereads's review

I adore Kasie West books. ❤️ They make me happy & are perfect for middle & high school kids wanting a contemporary romance. She's the rom-com queen of YA. 👑

fatimareadsbooks's review

Kasie West never disappoints! You can always count on her books for a quick, cute, and engaging read filled with so much summer fun. Maybe This Time has the enemies to friends to lovers trope which I absolutely adore. Watching Andrew and Sophie’s enmity turn to friendship and then love gave me all the butterflies! Also loved the way the story unfolded via nine events throughout the year; it just felt so much more realistic than falling in love within the span of a month. All in all, I wouldn’t say this is my favorite Kasie West book (that honor goes to PS I Like You <3), but it’s still such an amazing read nonetheless! (:

sngick's review

Great audio. Loved the accents! Sweet story.

suey's review

Cute premise in that our girl only sees our boy a few times a year at events they are both working at. But, so much stuff still happens!