The Sky Weaver, by Kristen Ciccarelli

astraeal's review against another edition

“But you—you are a daughter of stars and shadows. You will not fail.”

oh what's this? all my love for this book and its characters? absolutely! know that i would die for safire and eris and asha and sorrow in a heartbeat

rahels_library's review against another edition

it wasn‘t bad. therre‘s just sth about the writing that keeps me from being entertained

colbywilkens's review

First and foremost, I'm actually rating this 4.5 stars, not 5. Since Goodreads doesn't allow half stars! I always round up so the author has a better rating.

They have their kingdom again, and Asha is training dragons and helping incoorporate them into everyday life. But Safire, Commandant of the Dragon King's army (Dax), is being tormented by the Death Dancer, and though she's come face to face with the theif who stole the king's jewel, the death Dancer is nearly impossible to capture.

Eris, who is the Death Dancer, has to make it back to her ship before the captain comes looking for her. In a mess of trickery, Safire and Eris are both captured and taken to the Star Isles, a place Eris is apt to leave immediately.

The Sky Weaver, the third and final installment in the Iskari series, was aa wonderful way to end it. I wasa a bit worried since I didn't enjoy The Caged Queen very much. A wonderful thing about this series is that while there's a general story arc over all three books, each book focuses on a specific couple. While The Last Namsara is still my favorite, the lore and the ties coupled with Eris, a very complex character, and Safire who is a half-blood was absolutely lovely. Not to mention getting more of the Sky Weaver lore!

Enemies to lovers romance with a slow burn, and a relationship that should be falling about but not quite, I really can't recommend this book and this series enough! Even if you didn't like The Caged Queen, please give The Sky Weaver a chance!

jenny_librarian's review against another edition

4 ⭐️

Trigger warnings: violence, maiming, mentions of murder

Much like the second book, this third one isn’t a direct sequel, but more of an expension on the Iskari world that happens to take place after the previous books.

I don’t usually like fantasy books where the romance is such a big part of the plot, but this one is definitely an exception. I don’t remember that much of the other two books in the series, so I had to rediscover the whole thing while reading, and I cared about Safire and Eris more than everything else.

I don’t think it’s the best in the series (from what I remember), but I quite liked it. And I’m glad I finally read it

wackly93's review against another edition

3.5 Stars

tefi_pr's review against another edition

Book three of the series and we finally get a same sex/gender romance. I was looking forward to it as i read some reviews and they spoke about the mythology of the world taking a bigger part and dragons also making bigger appearances. This time we have two perspectives, Safire, the half-blood cousin of Asha and Dax and current commander of army, and Eris, a thief who carries a spindle that lets her cross to another reality (I don't know how else to explain it). A rivalry between the two starts as they challenge each other and play cat and mouse, that is, until their stories become more intertwined and things grow more complicated as gods get involved in the Star Isles history.

I truly wanted to enjoy this but I honestly felt we went back to a "destined to be" sort of situation. I couldn't understand how they fell for each other cause one second they were understanding and the next they were enemies again and it got confusing and a bit infuriating. I don't believe the enemies to lovers trope was fulfilled entirely and sometimes that's good but this time it just lead to confusing thought processes and decisions that had to be explained for it to actually make sense (which I think the author noticed cause she kept explaining emotions and dialogues). I also thought this was the cheesiest romance which is saying a lot when we have Torwin and Asha as a couple.

I still enjoyed this book, more so because of Skye and Crow's story. I really liked that one, although I guess the time of it doesn't make sense but immortality rarely makes sense.

tehbungareads's review against another edition

Perhaps I'm too late, or people just don't like this trilogy? I personally LOVE all 3 books with all my heart

booklover4925's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful medium-paced

taj's review against another edition

As with many series, the last book isn't the best. I liked the story, but it was a little forced. I loved the narrator of this audio and the character of Eris. I appreciated the couple of this story as well.

amylandranch's review against another edition

Another great companion book in the series. I liked that each book followed a different character and a different part of the word but they were all intertwined. Fabulous world building. In this one Safire, the king’s commandant, is the heroine and has a journey full of danger, adventure and a little romance. There are some cruel, brutal characters in this story but there is always hope. Some violence, some romance, and a whole of of fantasy gong on. I really enjoyed the series and for those looking for diverse characters and unique plots, this is the series for you.