Let Your Heart Be Light, by J.R. Lawrie

msmiz95's review

This was adorable.

nanuk's review

Lovely sweet trio of short stories, a brief jolt of festive romance! Lovely characters, very easygoing stories with no angst at all; ideal if you just need to cheer yourself up.

endemictoearth's review

funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

These stories are DELIGHTFUL. They don't have a lot of angst or drama, no bleak moments, just a smooth glide along the ups and downs on the way to finding love. I haven't read a lot of stories that have the alchemical magic of these three, and I already know I'll be rereading these every holiday season. (The one thing I will say, I wish the author had gone back and taken out the first couple of paragraphs of the first story. The art gallery diss didn't make sense to me, so I just imagined it away and it's now perfect.)

lydia_hennessy's review

Lovely, fluffy, funny stories from a brilliant author I can't wait to read more from!!

dejunk's review

Loved it!

I loved the 2 stories, but especially Zack and Richard's one. Told in 2 parts it's hilarious, sweet, fun and has some hot moments. I would love to read more about them in the future, but for now, I'll content myself with future rereads.
Highly recommend!

tinkgumby's review

Unexpected delight

I’ve never read this author before, but thought I’d give this a try after seeing a positive review. I LOVED it. Lots of wit, warmth, and even some smoking-hot scenes. Going into my (virtual) pile of Christmas favorites!

tink535's review

LOVE LOVE LOVE this book, sweet and sexy with lots of humour. Highly recommended.

maribarletta's review

2.5 stars

this was kind of cute, but it was short and just a little bit boring

kind of a big deal ⭐️⭐️
for services rendered ⭐️⭐️⭐️

cadiva's review

Absolute perfection.

This book focuses on two couples with three short stories which give the initial meetings of each pair and a bonus second dip into Zach and Richard's life.

JR's writing has such charm to it. Both romances are set in London but they're different in tone.

David and Julian's is the filling being bookended by Zach and Richard's extraordinarily impressive storyline and I'd absolutely kill for a full length novel with them.

Not to take anything away from the doctor and his upstairs neighbour come patient.

Theirs is a sweet, bumbling fall into feelings after Julian has an accident which puts him in David's loving hands.

But Zach and Richard are special. If you've ever seen the British TV show Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, then you'll see little nods and hints in this book to what goes on behind the scenes of the "corridors of power".

I loved it so hard. The first story, of how they meet, is wonderfully funny, although I internally cried when Zach described Richard as an older man when his Twitter handle included a 1978 birthdate.
Guess it's time to face up to my own impending half century

amergens's review

This book was super cute and sweet! I loved both couples but would love to read a full-length book about Zack and Richard. Things do get a little x-rated but I really enjoyed it.