beauty_andbooks's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional informative inspiring mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

Talk about a book that read like fiction! I hadn't previously read up much on the Weinstein case, so I think that was helpful to go into this book a blank slate and just learn about all his victims. The added espionage plot of the book was brand new to me and really upped the shock factor of the book. The fact Farrow put himself at that much risk was unbelievable, but I'm thankful he stuck it out in order to help the victims.

I don't think you need a high knowledge of reporting or journalism to enjoy this book. Farrow did a great job of breaking down the journalistic aspects that made this book highly enjoyable. I recommend this to anyone interested in knowing the beginnings of the Me Too movement!

bellalove's review

challenging dark mysterious sad medium-paced

hglbooks1's review

dark slow-paced

audreylee's review

adventurous dark emotional informative tense medium-paced

t is mind-boggling the amount of time and energy and sheer hatefulness expended by a whole legion of men and women to protect these soulless predators. I can only hope each and every one of the women who suffered at their hands has found some semblance of peace. The sheer exhaustive process of making connections and rechecking stories is amazing. To do so without the support of your employers who are too busy covering their own misdeeds, sheer moxie. Perhaps because of the subject matter and the continued problems with it, there seems to be no good spot to end the narrativ

madelonpaige's review

challenging dark informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

pagesandplannersabroad's review

dark tense fast-paced

mscalls's review

challenging dark emotional informative inspiring sad tense fast-paced

dainesarrasri's review

challenging funny informative inspiring tense medium-paced

hard to put into words how good this book is, or how much respect i have for ronan and all the other journalists/lawyers/fact checkers/survivors involved for doing the damn thing and telling the story regardless of the personal cost. a must read. and i wish harvey weinstein a very rot & die in prison 🙃

izpiz64's review against another edition

dark emotional informative reflective medium-paced

larbster90's review