Care Work: Dreaming Disability Justice, by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha

muireannos's review

This was very interesting but it didn't flow well from chapter to chapter and there was too much repetition

jwgnd's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

lily1304's review

hopeful informative inspiring reflective slow-paced

I read this to learn more about disability justice, which I did, but I also learned different ways of thinking about caring for myself and others. I definitely want to reread this later.

josephinecatherine's review

challenging emotional informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

An interesting and thought-provoking read which I deeply appreciated. I often feel like I read Own-Voices novels where it either articulates something I have always felt, or reiterates a thought which I have expressed myself. This was a welcome difference. This is an Own Voices novel which broaches themes specific to a POC perspective. I appreciated being educated on this lived expertise whilst also checking the ways I need to pursue further education on my own. You continue thought and discussion after this book ends and that is the foundation of continued dreaming.

jakinabook's review

challenging emotional hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

eloisethebooklover's review

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

williamsangm's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

alexxcp's review

emotional hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

shona22's review

This book may have just changed my life. It was so validating to read, and inspiring as to what community care work is possible, and how to make political organising spaces more sustainable and nourishing. Leah speaks to generational hurts and uniquely modern struggles.

themerryunicorn's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful informative reflective medium-paced