honeysbookobsession's review against another edition

Deliverance for Amelia by Bonny Capps is an emotional and physical journey that will have you weeping and smiling all in the same paragraph. I love this story and how Amelia overcomes the malicious and deprivation in her life. This book is not for the faith of heart; it is graphic and can be hard to read at times. If you have any triggers do not read!
Amelia is a young woman just starting out on her own in life. She has just started college and is ready to live life from under her father’s thumb. However, the freedom she has been longing for is taken from her and may never be within her reach again.
Gabe a man of little values and morals does the job others would shun from. He, however, relishes in it. Everyone knows you pay what is due him or you pay the price with your life. Why anyone would fell to pay is beyond me. Gabe is not as controlled as he thinks he is. He is everything horrible you were warned.
I enjoyed this story even the Dark moments that made tears stream down my face. The author has an uncanning ability to make you see, feel, taste the depravity of others and of those going through it. I loved this book and could not put it down. I give this book 5 stars! You will love this story it is crafted so beautifully.

**I was given this book for an honest review**

linathebookaddict's review against another edition

OMG. I love dark books but this was....amazingly scary! Intense! Gabe has to be one of the scariest characters ever. Poor Amelia.
You have been warned; this is not about romance. This is a story about fear, obsession, captivity and abuse. If you are a lover of the dark side, then this is for you. If you are easily offended, then please, stay away.
Gabe's head was seriously twisted and sick and I have to admit that I loved Amelia for her strentgh.
Amazing book. The ending left me satisfied. Well done!

4 Stars from me.

I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

nbiblioholic's review against another edition

HOLY CRAP!! WTF did I just read?! I love dark, please don't get me wrong, but this was freaking out-in-the-country-no-streetlights kind of dark. There was no light. Can someone please turn on a damn light????!!!! A flashlight, a lighter even!

If you're looking for something dark, gritty, dirty, sexy, with lots of torture, killing and mayhem, then this is definitely the book for you.

Bonny Capps is freaking warped and I freaking love it!! Honestly, not many authors can pull of the depths of depravity found in this book, but she freaking nailed it. You know this book got me freaking good because I can't freaking stop using the freaking word "freaking"!

Gabriel/Gabe is one twisted mofo. He is only happy when he is torturing and killing. Sadistic isn't even a good enough word to describe his evil wants and needs. Amelia is his poor innocent captive, taken as collateral until Gabe became too obsessed with her to let her go. Able is her knight in shining armour. He is willing to do any and everything in his power to save her from Gabe.

This book is not for the faint of heart. This is not a love story per se. Gabriel is absolutely NOT a hero in this book, though he is featured predominantly in it. Be afraid. Be very afraid!!

arireavis's review against another edition

This was indeed a dark read. Not so much the sex scenes, but because Gabe was a twisted, psychotic murderer. I can't remember a time I've read about so many different torture instruments. Amelia really got the short end of the stick in this story. Betrayed by her father, taken by a true monster, and suffering a lot of loss. At times I thought she was really falling for Gabe and his manipulations, but then she would think about how she couldn't wait until Gabe died and I was like, "You go girl." There is romance and an HEA, but definitely not in the way I expected when I started the book. Great read.