Reviews tagging Sexual content

samsartori's review

lighthearted fast-paced

sara_004's review

funny hopeful reflective fast-paced

stardust_heidi's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This book is like cuddling up with a soft, fluffy blanket —if the blanket were filled with sharp, witty humor, precious endearments, and some sexy pining.
The first time I read this, I listened to the audiobook -- this time I wanted to mark every ridiculously delightful sentence, but alas. I didn't have my page markers handy.
The chronic illness rep is amazing: as someone who is able bodied and also works in physical therapy, it really shone a eye-opening light onto a life of someone who lives with chronic illness and how much of a roller coaster it actually is.
Red and Chloe -- UGH. I LOVE THEM. I just love them.
SpoilerI often wish romance books didn't need to have that one defining moment of conflict, because after a while, the reasons get quite predictable. (And is it so bad to want the two to just be happy together?) However, both Chloe and Red have their own traumas and shit that goes real deep, and I think Talia Hibbert did a great job at showing them at points of panic and past lies rushing in -- and then healing. It wasn't an immediate apology and acceptance, and BOTH of them had to step back for a few days to realign their heads. Imo, it's done really well -- it's at least satisfying to me, but I'm easy to please, lmao. And in the end, conflict helps create character growth and depth to a story, and a life with only rainbows isn't reality.

tabula_risa's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

builtoutofbooks's review

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

pandalesque's review against another edition

emotional funny reflective

racheldobby's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

cemeterygay's review

emotional funny fast-paced

This was a pretty great romance book but the sheer amount of miscommunication just killed me.

It's a cute and fun romance with a great sense of humor that is written so cleverly.

The best part of this book is Hibbert's writing style. With the exception of a few bizarre word choices during sex scenes, the way Talia Hibbert writes is always so enjoyable. The balance between humor and description works fantastically and the jokes keep the pace quick enough to keep your attention. The detail to the romantic scenes is always so great and sweet.

Before I get into the other aspects I adore in this book, I need to take a moment two express the only strong issues I have with this book. One, the sheer amount of miscommunication killed me. Watching two grown adults have the communication skills of two teenagers in their first high school romance hurt me so deeply. The only positive about this is that it is over relatively quickly so it doesn't take up too much of the book. Two, I think Red is a pretty meh love interest. He's okay, I like the vibes but is very much outshone by Chloe.

I cannot highlight how much I adore the cast but particularly Chloe Brown. Chloe is just such an amazing main protagonist. She has such a distinct personality and has a charm that really makes you want to root for her. I love the way both disability and past instances of abuse are talked about. I adore Chloe's relationships with her family and Hibbert does a fantastic job at writing family dynamics specifically sisters. It is an underrated skill but one that Hibbert has absolutely mastered.

The romance in this book just is so great and I love the framing of Chloe's list.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this book to both lovers of romance and people getting into romance.

bigbookbrain's review against another edition

I'm not a romance fan. At first it was cute, and then it just got annoying with the whole "miscommunication" thing. It really isn't that difficult to just, I don't know, TALK to someone? Especially if it's someone you admitted to wanting to be with. I also found Chloe to be a little childish for someone who's 31. Disliking a woman just because a family member let her cat out while they were supposed to be watching them? Come on. Honestly the biggest reason this book couldn't get above a 3 star for me was because of the miscommunication and drastic it was. You're going to throw a tantrum because you heard one sentence of a whispered conversation? You're in your thirties. Chill.

lisakate1126's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

I loved this book SO much! It was cute and a little spicy and had a disabled black woman as the main character (love the representation!). I think that Chloe’s disability was handled well in that it showed how much it affects her everyday life and also how she doesn’t necessarily want it to define her. The book is predictable, but it made me happy! I can’t wait to read the rest of the series and more by this author!