Reviews tagging Car accident

Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

bansheebooks's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I can totally see why a ton of people love this. It's a very wholesome romance that I think is just supposed to make the reader feel good. The characters are all good people who want the best for each other. There was nothing 'wrong' with the plot or characters.

It's not perfect for me because it didn't emotionally hit me like it has for others but definitely a good book with no glaring issues.

Also the way it handles abuse and shitty partners is very good. I don't or am not close with anyone with a chronic illness but I can imagine how much Chloe meant to a lot of readers who can relate to her on that front.

The audiobook narrator did not match well with the tone of this book however.

cemeterygay's review

emotional funny fast-paced

This was a pretty great romance book but the sheer amount of miscommunication just killed me.

It's a cute and fun romance with a great sense of humor that is written so cleverly.

The best part of this book is Hibbert's writing style. With the exception of a few bizarre word choices during sex scenes, the way Talia Hibbert writes is always so enjoyable. The balance between humor and description works fantastically and the jokes keep the pace quick enough to keep your attention. The detail to the romantic scenes is always so great and sweet.

Before I get into the other aspects I adore in this book, I need to take a moment two express the only strong issues I have with this book. One, the sheer amount of miscommunication killed me. Watching two grown adults have the communication skills of two teenagers in their first high school romance hurt me so deeply. The only positive about this is that it is over relatively quickly so it doesn't take up too much of the book. Two, I think Red is a pretty meh love interest. He's okay, I like the vibes but is very much outshone by Chloe.

I cannot highlight how much I adore the cast but particularly Chloe Brown. Chloe is just such an amazing main protagonist. She has such a distinct personality and has a charm that really makes you want to root for her. I love the way both disability and past instances of abuse are talked about. I adore Chloe's relationships with her family and Hibbert does a fantastic job at writing family dynamics specifically sisters. It is an underrated skill but one that Hibbert has absolutely mastered.

The romance in this book just is so great and I love the framing of Chloe's list.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this book to both lovers of romance and people getting into romance.

bisexualwentworth's review

This book was a lovely introduction to the Brown sisters and to Talia Hibbert’s work as a whole. I didn’t totally connect with Chloe and Red as characters, but I did enjoy them, and I definitely thought their relationship was very engaging.

There were a few things that bothered me (like the Harry Potter reference and some of the descriptions in the sex scenes—I just think everyone should be banned from writing the phrase “pretty pussy” ever again), but I really enjoyed this book overall and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a good contemporary romance.

thetinylibrarian's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

arbyreads's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

I loved seeing an mc navigate dating, life, and chronic illness bc same oof. So so good but Dani stays my fav!!

ale_rodriquez's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

the_paperbackprincess's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

miszne99's review against another edition

emotional hopeful medium-paced

It started well. I love how they managed to touch on the characters flaws and developed them throughout the book. The setting is a little bit bland. I don't feel as excited. However, I still enjoy the book. I think both of them are so cute.

Ps. I realised that it's hard for me to enjoy contemporary romances that are not typically for young adults. I become so picky and I feel like I can't relate as much (although I'm an adult). This book makes me realised this.

alisylvi's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

monicas_readinglist's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced