Flashpoint - Punkt krytyczny, by Geoff Johns

jmanchester0's review against another edition

I love alternate reality and parallel earth stories. I guess that's why I have an entire bookshelf dedicated to DC Elseworlds and other imaginary stories. I didn't realize Flashpoint fit into this type of story. I enjoyed it, and it was even emotional on a certain level. One thing I could have done without is
SpoilerBarry re-creating the circumstances around him getting his powers in the first place
. I mean, if it were that easy, wouldn't everyone do it?

justjonmayer's review against another edition

— • 3.5 • —

Flashpoint has been one of my favourite superhero storylines for a while, mostly because I always like a bit of ‘messing up the timelines’. I enjoyed the TV show and animated film so I was excited to see that I could grab the original comic for free on Kindle.

Unfortunately though it didn’t live up to the hype that I set for it mainly because it felt so short. Or rather it felt like there was too much crammed in to only a hundred or so pages. It should have been twice as long because this new world is awesomely dark and I just wish we could have explored it in more depth. A world without Superman; I wanna explore his story. The war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman; I want to see the history behind that and the destruction of all the cities. The journey of Thomas Wayne as Batman; I wanna see how he works, this darker version of Batman. All of these could have had a comic of their own.

As soon as the Flash arrives in this alternate timeline he spends most his time trying to convince Batman who he is and then goes straight to bolting himself with lightning to get his powers back. By this point we’re already halfway through the comic. And also how did he know that was gonna work a second time? Felt a bit like lazy writing in all honesty. Additionally, I get that he had to do it quickly because he was losing his memory of his original timeline but it would have been cool to see him live in this world a bit more. The same thing happened in the TV show, where I thought the whole season would be set in this new Flashpoint timeline but really it only lasted a couple episodes before going back to normal. It’s a shame.

It does still have some good moments and I really liked the artwork which is why I opted for 3.5 but overall it didn’t impress me as much as I hoped it would. I wanted it to add more detail and backstory to what I already knew but really it was too short to do so.

_goldenbooks's review against another edition

adventurous emotional fast-paced

loslibrosdelosdragones's review against another edition

Es un comic que se lee de una sentada.
Siempre me gustaron los comics donde se presentan realidades diferentes o alternativas (siempre y cuando no se abuse de eso). En este libro vemos un mundo donde Flash obtiene una de las cosas que más quiere en el mundo... sin embargo eso viene con una gigantesca consecuencia y se ve presionado a decidir. Su lado "superhéroe" toma control desde el inicio, Flash no tiene que decidir mucho (al menos al inicio), él sabe lo que tiene que hacer y lo que es mejor para el mundo entero.
Vemos a muchos de los superhéroes y ayudantes que conocemos en roles completamente diferentes y cambiados. Vemos cómo, al final, el papel de héroe no les otorga la habilidad de hacer todo bien. Ellos siguen siendo humanos, siguen cometiendo errores y, al hacerlo, pueden hacer que las consecuencias sean mucho peores de lo que un humano común o un villano harían.
Ellos pueden ser peores que los villanos.
Y este comic se centra en demostrar y presentar eso: que los héroes también pueden ser villanos.

theartolater's review against another edition

As this is apparently the precursor to the New 52 reboot, I figured I'd try to jump in. Having never read The Flash, there was some confusion for me, but not a ton.

On one hand, this really scratched my itch for alternate universe stuff. Coming so soon after reading Kingdom Come for me, it was a nice bonus to see so much alternate mayhem going on.

On the other, I don't know if I've read a more unnecessary story up to this point. The resolution was fairly telegraphed, and it was really a bizarre ending based on what I know about those involved.

With that said? A solid read. Glad I read it.

jakekilroy's review against another edition

I've never known enough about The Flash, and he's always so good. He's humble, funny, charming, and hopeful. He believes in good, but he provides the snark. This is how he connects so well with both Batman and Superman. And here he is, motivated by tragedy as well, but always undeniably ready to go all out for beautiful truth. He sweet.

starrywhatever's review against another edition

Don't get me wrong with the three stars; I loved this book/comic/graphic novel/whatever. I think it's a great concept with cool characters and an interesting story line. My only problem; I was extremely underwhelmed. You see, prior to reading Flashpoint I had read all of the companion books first (don't ask me why), meaning I already knew the basic plot and very had detailed knowledge of the back stories of the main and side characters. I really enjoyed them so I then went on to expect some big bananza of amazingness and, while it was good, it just didn't live up to my expectations. Basically, I ruined it for myself and as a result did not get the story I was expecting.

imamandajulius's review against another edition

Really fascinating story idea with great art, but it needed more room to grow.

rustyblue's review against another edition

Not going to lie I think DC animation movie is better.
The idea is very cool it's better the average but not blown away. I enjoy the batman tie-in more then the main event

scarymonster's review against another edition

Reread