Reviews tagging 'Sexual harassment'
- Plot- or character-driven? Plot
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? Yes
- Diverse cast of characters? No
- Flaws of characters a main focus? No
Moderate: Abandonment, Grief, Death, and Sexual harassment
Minor: Infidelity, Death of parent, and Car accident
thewordsdevourer's review against another edition
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
i particularly enjoy the book's nature scenes - aplenty in being a feast for both the senses and stomach - as well as the bar scenes w/ all the food + behavior and interactions that reveal the characters' personalities.
however, i never quite feel the connection between tsukiko and sensei; wish some things were resolved more clearly (whatever happened to kojima?); and find the stillness of the story a bit dull. the book's indeed elevated by the bittersweetness of the last chapter, only to take a dive again bc of the last paragraph.
Minor: Sexism, Sexual harassment, Toxic relationship, and Death