Reviews tagging 'Chronic illness'
The Young Elites, by Marie Lu
adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? A mix
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
I've only read this book one time in 7th grade, and since I'm a high school junior I forgot a lot of detail. I will be re reading this book soon and updating my review but I remember enjoying this book a lot so I recommend it!!
Graphic: Abandonment, Blood, Bullying, Child abuse, Chronic illness, Confinement, Cursing, Death, Death of parent, Domestic abuse, Genocide, Hate crime, Injury/injury detail, Murder, Suicidal thoughts, Violence, and Xenophobia