Reviews tagging Domestic abuse

Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

kennbass's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

Ok loved it super fast read, dealt with some big topics but in a way that was very positive, caring to the characters and the readers. The level of diversity (ability, race, class, gender, and sexuality) was so well done. To quote roxanne gay's review on goodread's "Took way too long to get to the sex. Just way too long"

crieraylas's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

tiredcath's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring medium-paced

Ahh!! Okay! I know I’m late to the party, but I completely get it! I understand the hype!

Talia Hibbert’s writing charming and comforting. It draws you in instantly like a loved pair of shoes. Chloe and Red are incredibly detailed characters. So much love went into them.

Both felt realistic and alive. I related to both of them more than I would have thought, especially Chloe with her colder approach to life and people. It was beautiful reading her growth. Red is just so charming, I loved how he has a huge life and past outside of Chloe and the relationship (which I can sometimes find lacking with the love interest).

There are so many subtle, smart ways Hibbert shows their relationship evolving without just explicitly saying it that had me so impressed and practically geeking over. The entire email section was one of the best relationship development I’ve seen in just a few words).

I’m really excited to read the other books in the series!

percyflies's review against another edition

walskishere's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

I'm giving this a 4.75 because there wasn't really anything bad about the book--at all--but somehow I still don't find it as one of my favorite books ever, and that's okay! It's definitely memorable and steamy and I actually learned about my own relationship(s) while reading this. I'm eager to read the other two books in this series; I very much enjoyed the writing of Talia Hibbert. I also very much enjoyed the representation in this book, and how some of it (Chloe being fat) wasn't a focus in the book, and in fact, when written about, was viewed as attractive and good and just plain normal. I liked that Hibbert didn't fetishize the diversities, you know? Would recommend to a friend.

miszne99's review

emotional hopeful medium-paced

It started well. I love how they managed to touch on the characters flaws and developed them throughout the book. The setting is a little bit bland. I don't feel as excited. However, I still enjoy the book. I think both of them are so cute.

Ps. I realised that it's hard for me to enjoy contemporary romances that are not typically for young adults. I become so picky and I feel like I can't relate as much (although I'm an adult). This book makes me realised this indifference.

megaanphoebe's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny inspiring reflective medium-paced

this book took me a long time to read because of a slight reading slump and a busy life. the book itself is no way to blame as it was absolutely wonderful!!

firstly, the representation in this book !!!! AHHH *chefs kisses* ! you do not see a lot of books with mc’s who have chronic illness or are plus sizes, and talia tackled the topics so perfectly. not just with chloe, but red too!! i wont go into detail about that because it will spoil some of the book.

i absolutely adored both chloe and red, separately and together !!! 🥰 so many emotions while reading this book. maybe i should find someone to help me get a life!

rebeccaxpaige's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

kaycee_'s review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

hanna_rose's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

this book is so amazing! it's a standard romance book but holy shit!! everything about it is just so good. also im in love with red