Reviews tagging Physical abuse

Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

crieraylas's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

knerys's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

madeleine_desiree's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

walskishere's review against another edition

challenging emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

I'm giving this a 4.75 because there wasn't really anything bad about the book--at all--but somehow I still don't find it as one of my favorite books ever, and that's okay! It's definitely memorable and steamy and I actually learned about my own relationship(s) while reading this. I'm eager to read the other two books in this series; I very much enjoyed the writing of Talia Hibbert. I also very much enjoyed the representation in this book, and how some of it (Chloe being fat) wasn't a focus in the book, and in fact, when written about, was viewed as attractive and good and just plain normal. I liked that Hibbert didn't fetishize the diversities, you know? Would recommend to a friend.

alliei's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

Do I find the characters lovable? FUCK YES.

I loved this book so much, you have no idea. I literally just finished it and I'm hdjdjsugkjl. IT WAS SO GOOD. I LOVE CHLOE AND I LOVE RED.

I will edit this tomorrow so that I can explain just how much I loved it more clearly, bc right now it's 5 am in the morning and I need to sleep. I love Talia Hibbert <3

jodierose14's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

apollo_the_bard's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful sad medium-paced

I actually finished this book about a week ago, but I’ve been teetering on what to rate it. It’s hard because I really liked it, but personally, it was like… a lot for me. Being sex positive is really great, but as an asexual person, I find it really tough to reconcile with the idea that the big moment of a relationship is when they (finally) have sex. It was kinda border-lining on erotica, and while I knew the third book is pretty sex heavy according to a friend that read it, I was not expecting this one to be as sex heavy. I really do prefer fade to black scenes, and if I am going to read something sex heavy, I want to be prepared for it because I need to be in the mood (not that mood).

Overall, it was a great book though! I really loved the main two characters, and I’m glad we got to flip-flop between POVs throughout the book. There were several times where I laughed out loud. I can see why Hibbert is beloved by the book community. I look forward to reading the next two installments.

ngm's review against another edition

lighthearted reflective fast-paced

socialpsysteph's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

I've been recommended this book from a few people but it kept getting booted from my monthly TBR. Finally, got around to it this month and I'm so glad that I did. The rep is wonderful (but check some trigger warnings) and the spice is **chef's kiss**. I fell in love with these characters and their stories. The interactions and relationships felt very realistic since they weren't perfect. I will definitely be continuing this series.

This book counts for Popsugar 2021 for a book everyone but me seems to have read, for the Magical Readathon for Sept. 2021 for Ashtorn Tree (a book that keeps tempting you), and for Bookoplathon for Sept. 2021 for disability/mental health rep.

alexandravlvrd's review against another edition

emotional hopeful informative lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I’m not even going to leave a proper review as it did not did it for me. As someone who grew up with a person with a chronic illness the representation from my experience was insanely on point. But Chloe was extremely annoying, they both behaved like 16 year olds even though they’re almost the double. I wanted to like it so bad. 😭