Reviews tagging Sexual assault

Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

aryn_back's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring medium-paced

librarian_in_a_cardigan's review

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

I recently started listening to the podcast "Reading Glasses," and part of their book/reading challenge this year was to read a romance novel (I think they also recommend this book specifically). I'm not generally one for reading romances, but I figured that I'd push myself to actually read one from beginning to end this year so that I could know for sure if it was just my perceptions holding me back from reading them.

My thoughts on this book are mixed-- I think the story is absolutely heartwarming and adorable, and the characters were surprisingly well-developed! Chloe and Red both felt like people you'd know in real life, and the supporting characters all felt unique in their own ways.

However. I know it's a romance. I knew what I would probably be getting myself into. I am not a prude, but this book solidified my thoughts on sex scenes in books-- I just don't like reading them. And there were quite a few that went into great detail. I suppose that you could just skim over them, but again, it felt like there were a lot (Yes, yes, it's a romance novel...) Just not my taste.

Would I recommend this book? If you like romances and/or don't mind sex scenes, by all means! Very sweet and well-written. Would I recommend it to just anyone? Probably not. While I don't necessarily regret reading it (I enjoyed (most of) it a lot more than I anticipated!), I don't think I'll be picking up another romance anytime soon.