Haikyu!!, Vol. 06, by Haruichi Furudate

sehnsucht's review against another edition

alas! so frustrating to see karasuno win against datekou, which had been presented as an inordinately strong team. especially confusing to have that in contrast to their struggles against seijou, who they've already beaten twice—sure, not with oikawa, but the inclusion of one player should not have affected the game to the extent it has. i digress!

the occasional claustrophobia of the paneling is lessened by the excellent art and some stellar moments. furudate knows how much to withhold from their reader so adrenaline will course appropriately at key decisions we have not been privy to.

the final chapter hits on the (non)difference between natural talent and the result of endless practice. it's unfortunate that the plot of ハイキュー demands speed, because i would prefer if these various lessons being punted into the air by the characters were given a little more time to breathe and expand.

onebitebeom's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this volume!! I cannot express my love for this series because my feelings are just so overwhelming :(( I adore this group of people so so so much. Despite knowing what’s coming in volume 7, I can’t wait to read it.

val_99's review against another edition

Hit it until it breaks

foxstens's review against another edition

i'm loving this it's wonderfully intense aND SEEING THEM BATTLE THE SEIJOH TEAM IS JUST SO GREAT. BUT. I'M SCARED. i know what's coming and i don't want it.

alyssamelw's review

funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing tense medium-paced

littlebookterror's review

emotional inspiring fast-paced

And suddenly Dateko vs Karasuno was over. And we are starting the insanity that is Oikawa and Seijou.
I could reread this forever and still not get enough of it.

Chapter 53 only exist to slowly kill me. "Oikawa Toru is not a genius" EXCUSE ME??!?!

sugoitan's review against another edition

this one is hard on the heart god oikawa is so good seijoh definitely tops karasuno this match

betweentheshelves's review

inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

I just love the Karasuno volleyball team so much. The character development is just so well done!

crazyasacupcake's review against another edition

Boosted from 4 stars to 5 only because Nishinoya saved the ball with his foot and I simply can't stop thinking about it.

coffeebreath27's review