Year of the Tiger: An Activist's Life by Alice Wong

helenabianca's review

funny hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

sirohub's review against another edition

funny informative reflective medium-paced

weekenddracula's review

funny informative reflective fast-paced

korunicorn's review

challenging emotional informative medium-paced

felifae's review

funny hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

hnagarne's review against another edition

funny informative reflective

i listened to this on audiobook but i feel like it would’ve been 5 stars if i’d read it in print/ebook.

grem_ler's review

hopeful reflective medium-paced

Gorgeous experience reading this book. It works well on many levels - for both long time disability community members and also newly disabled people who are figuring things out. As a whole, these essays take the reader on journeys through disability history and disability futures. I loved it.

googie_puvdan's review

Filled with humor, thoughtful insights, and unspoken truths, I'd recommend this memoir to anyone with an open mind and heart.

blueberrymilk's review

funny reflective fast-paced

kaleighrobinson's review

brb buying my tickets for "Rage Against the Ableism" in 2032. Year of the Tiger enrages you, saddens you, educates you, makes you laught out loud, disheartens you, gives you hope, and lights a fire. A must, must read.

"I would argue that disability justice...is just another word for love. And so is solidarity, access, and access intimacy. Those are just other ways of saying 'love.' I would argue that our work for liberation is in itself simply a practice of love, and it's one of the deepeset and most profound practices of love there is" (135)