Consequences: Opal & Origin, by Jennifer L. Armentrout

gellyyythebeanstalk369's review against another edition

4.5/5

I'm so in love with these books, the characters, the story, everything! I gave it 4.5 because Opal was just a tiny bit on the boring side but I was still so invested in the story at all times. It just took me awhile to read but that doesn't affect my love for this series. Having said that, Origin was fucking fantastic, it was a ride from start to finish. Thee were times where my mouth was open with shock from the words written on the page. Jennifer L. Armentrout never fails to deliver beautiful yet heartbreaking endings that leave you desperate to find out what happens next.

laura_bie's review against another edition

i like having 2 books in 1

mandica's review against another edition

3.5 stars

I really enjoyed it. Especially Opal I just got lost in the story, like I did with the first two books. Origin on the other hand wasn't as good, in my opinion. I just think it was a little slow and then too much stuff happened too fast. I really don't feel the need to read the last book immediately, which is a little disappointing.

fsmeurinne's review against another edition

This is becoming an addiction, one I am loving and want to cure. The tension is building, the action is getting stronger and the mystery with every turn of events is enthralling, I love Dee in this book, my heart hurt for her. Deamon and Kat are getting closer, this book has everything in a story, all the struggles, intrigues, suspense, angst, and romance you can ever want. I love how Kat is evolving, but then we get to almost the end, and I was screaming! No way Jose they can leave me like that, yet they did and now I need the next one!

This book wow, I was blown away with this one, so much story going on everywhere, not a breather on any chapter. Deamon needs to get Kat back, and he will do anything so be prepared for an explosive rollercoaster ride, and we now meet Archer and the cliffhangers are a beast on its own. I can get enough of these books, they are brilliant, with fantastic characters and everything I always wanted in a PNR book.

silveremerald's review against another edition

3,75/5 stars.
Sometimes words were cheap. They could be powerful, but in those rare occasions like now, words meant nothing.
I’ve been marathoning the Lux series for the past week and so now that I’m almost done with it, I can say that I’m enjoying it more and more after each book.

Opal is the third book and although half of it still felt flat to me plot-wise, I really liked seeing Kathy’s becoming more powerful after each page. But what truly blew me away was the ending that promised one hell of a fourth book. I still gave it a 3,5/5 stars mainly because of the still very cliche romance and story for most of it.

Now, when it comes to Origin, well pardon my French but, holy shit. I did not expect this and I absolutely loved being thrusted into the more government-y side of things and knowing more about the big picture behind everything. It was still cliché and too romantic for my taste at points with some really useless moments but it was definitely better than the last three books regarding that aspect. Moreover this one felt darker because of all the betrayal, hurt and deaths going on. And a little bit creepy as well because of the little Origin babies (Micah freaked me out so much). And by the way, that ending? Oh my god it took me to the edge of my seat and made me crave reading the fifth and final book in the series because just wow. Moreover, in this one Katy is starting to become a real badass and I’m all here for it. That’s why I gave it a 3,75/5 stars although I was honestly strongly leaning towards a 4/5 stars but it was still missing a few things for me to really cross that bridge.

abbeyleec's review against another edition

OMG THIS WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED.
Books three and four in the Lux series were so good. There was so much action and development and just so much DAEMON.
The story has really taken a turn though. Its so different from the story that started in the first book and so many things have be revealed and added to the story and its just awesome.
Some sad things happened as well though :'(
I seriously can't wait for the next book. I need to read it now.

somelatenightreading's review against another edition

Both Opal and Origin were fantastic books and I enjoyed both of them. The characters continue to develop well and the plot has so many twists and turns. They live up to the standard I've come to love with this series and I can't wait to read the last book! I have no idea how everything is going to be solved but I am excited and anxious to find out.

valerie_lostmylifetobooks's review against another edition

The previous two books were amazing, just great, superbtastic,....

These two sequels were all that too, but I found that the relationship between Daemon and Katy became a bit too mealy in the end. the kissing and the loving just become a bit too much for me, therefore I gave four, not five, stars.
But I'm soooo going to read the next (and last) book in the series, I'm dying to know the answers to my gazillion question!

feyley's review against another edition

That ending is going to be the death of me.

mellyjj's review against another edition

Here is my review of Opal. I picked this up again to read Origin.

I read the first three books a while ago, so it took a little bit to jump back into this world. But as soon as I did, I remembered why I liked this series. It's fun and swoony and hilarious and action-packed. I'm not sure how I feel about
Spoilerthe whole marriage thing. It feels a little cliche and unrealistic.
But I enjoyed the rest of it a lot. I do think it is my least favorite of the series, though. I liked it better when it was just from Katy's POV.

I'm looking forward to the finale to see how this all ends!