Window Shopping, by Tessa Bailey

phoenixinthecity's review against another edition

I'm really glad that I avoided all the reviews and podcasts featuring Window Shopping because I loved this and I'm sure if I hadn't, it would have crumpled under the expectations/hype.
Definitely see the Ted Lasso inspo for Aiden - I really appreciated Stella's observations about how despite being an ex-con, she knew from meeting the different women that she was incarcerated with that she had privilege despite being imprisoned for 4 years.
I loved Stella's journey in this book - we meet her when she's a month out of jail and she's still finding her feet, insecure about whether or not she can be a different person. Meeting Aiden and the different people at Vivant gave her confidence and she came into her own when she confronts Nicole in the end. This felt great. And now I'm ready to watch season 2 of Ted Lasso.

_crystalreads's review against another edition

4.5⭐️

mellyjj's review

The perfect Xmas read!

bibliolindsey's review against another edition

2.5 stars —It was a quick, easy to read book that was at times fun. But it was just missing the extra details I love in her books. Maybe because it was so short??? It needed something more as it was an insta-love romance. I did enjoy the reverse grumpy sunshine trope though. Giving it a 2.5 because while I guess I’d still recommend it for a fun Christmas read, it’s nothing special.

leggs22's review

*4.5 and the PERFECT Christmas romance!!! Highly recommend as a holiday read!!

konnergibson's review against another edition

I saw this one all over my FYP on TikTok and thought I would give it a go. Unfortunately, I just could not get into this one.

pari0326's review

I thought I was going to love this book. I mean it is a Christmas romance book written by Tessa Bailey. What could possibly go wrong?

The problem was that in a romance book that generally does not have a strong plot, I need to love the characters, at least one of them which I did for neither of them. Now I know what you are thinking, Aiden is literally perfection, he is sunshine, but his character honestly gave me whiplash. It felt like the author took all parts of what readers like in a boyfriend and combined contradicting personalities. The personality during spice scenes was not something I enjoyed.

As for Stella, I did not like the backstory or the friend. I expected Stella to move on from her friend to show character development. However, Bailey keeps the friend and the toxicity which makes me think how long until that takes over again (hopefully Aiden will help with that).

There was also barely any real conflict and just the characters holding each other back. There was NOTHING at stake. At least it was a quick read.

stuff4bd's review against another edition

This book did not live up to the hype for me.

skippy16's review against another edition

fast-paced

niamhdolan's review against another edition

3.5/5 stars
Super cute, i loved Aiden so much. Pretty good.