The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel, by Hoang Nguyen, Diana Gabaldon

stacers1973's review against another edition

I thought the story and the art went well together.

cocoathebooknerd's review

adventurous emotional informative reflective tense medium-paced

bibliofiendlm's review against another edition

Really enjoyed it!

lydaalexander's review against another edition

fast-paced

I liked that this was a different perspective on the outlander story I’m familiar with - I just felt like it was kind of rushed and I wasn’t sure why they added an extra character (or did I forget someone from the book?)

apetruce's review against another edition

Well, that was fun.

csmall73's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny tense fast-paced

You definitely have to have read outlander or seen the first season to understand. It is clipped information that outlander provides in depth vs this alone or as a first world probably leave you lost in the sauce. It does shed light on characters like murtagh, geilis, Douglas, and loaghire (leery).

mandolina67's review against another edition

This graphic novel was okay, but a bit confusing. Even for an Outlander fan. There were also some plot points that were either spoilers or incongruous with the rest of the canon.

auntblh's review against another edition

This is the first "graphic novel" that I have read. It was interesting. I did like the story though. It gave you some different views on the first part of "Outlander" - from before Claire came through the stones and other things happening outside of her story.

clarynathanwill's review against another edition

This graphic novel is pretty passable Outlander fans.

On a positive note you get a little insight to Jamie and Murtagh's points of view on the first half of Outlander.

The graphic novel unfolded confusingly though for me and I've read the first three books in the series. The plot lacked the density of the over eight hundred page novel so the story lost much of its intensity. Jamie and Clare's relationship felt as if it progressed way too fast. Dare I say almost insta love which is nothing like the actual story.

The art was only okay for me. I found it way too colorful at some points. It took away from the story because my brain was too busy looking at overly flashy tartan.

kdmcgrady's review against another edition

I love all things Diana Gabaldon... I have her entire collection... this was the last thing of hers that I bought, only because I've never really read many graphic novels, but to complete my Diana collection I thought..why not... I actually really enjoyed this book. It's a short read, based on outlander (the first book) from Murtah and Jamie's point of view. I like that you do get details that you don't get in the actual outlander books since it's from other point of views. The graphics are nicely done. overall an enjoyable quick little read.