Reviews tagging Mental illness

The Box in the Woods, by Maureen Johnson

thelastairbadger's review against another edition

mysterious tense fast-paced

thenextgenlibrarian's review against another edition

mysterious tense fast-paced

“Most high school students have hobbies. Some play music. Some play sports. Some write, or draw or make things. Stephanie (Stevie) Bell solves crime.”
📦
Stevie Bell and the gang are back again with a née murder to solve. This time it’s summer break and Stevie has been offered a chance to work at a summer camp to help the new owner solve a quadruple murder from 1978. Stevie is allowed to bring her friends from Eillingham Academy with her while she works. As Stevie dives into this new cold case that killed four camp counselors, she connects dots to people still living in the town today. Can she survive before solving the case?
📦
Okay I’ll just say it: I’ll read anything about this cast of characters from now until forever. At this point they’re  like old friends. I found myself being like, “Typical Nate” and “That’s just like Stevie” while I read the book 🤣 Johnson has created something special with this series and I hope she continues it forever. This was another thrilling mystery with lots of twists and turns that I wasn’t able to solve without the reveal at the end.

CW: death, murder, blood, violence, anxiety

4.25 ⭐️ because it was just one book for one murder so I felt like it was rushed in places.

yvonne_cl's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

kaitplusbooks's review

adventurous challenging emotional informative inspiring mysterious tense medium-paced