Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron

emilyb_chicago's review

I enjoyed this fun, modern Indian romance. It was “You’ve got Mail” level of romance, so sweet and light (no steam). Lots of food, lots of sister/family drama, lots of Indian culture and just the right level of romance happy ending.

Quote I enjoyed:
“You just need to find someone who makes you tea when you’re tired and rubs your feet when they are sore, instead of insisting you’re wearing the wrong shoes. “

vanessareadstoomuch's review

*3.5 rounded up* okay this one was definitely cute and I liked it but the miscommunication was a little too much for me. That being said I thought this book was silly and made me laugh out loud. There were themes in the book I really liked ex. Family, sisterhood, culture, etc. I thought Nadim was a really easy character to fall in love with but the communication between him and Reena just seemed off. Overall definitely think it’s cute but wasn’t amazing too me.

muddypuddle's review against another edition

hopeful fast-paced

creativithri's review

This was such a cute desi romance in Canada☺️ I loved all the characters and the plot! The only con for me was that the conflict in the rom-com was too silly. But hey, I was fully entertained ☺️

brookevol's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny inspiring lighthearted fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

misspippireads's review

Time Period: Modern
Location: Toronto, Canada

Likes: Rom-Com, food, families working on talking to each other
Dislikes: cussing, premarital relations

samiam308's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

Such a good rom com read. The characters had chemistry that was so much fun and the story was heartwarming and light enough to be a breeze. I enjoyed the FMC’s growth throughout, which included opening her eyes to the growth of those around her (her sister, her parents, the MMC). Also, I really want bread and Indian food now.

erfette's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful fast-paced

sham2024's review

Rating: 3.5⭐ but goodreads doesn't believe in halves I guess

alysonalyza's review against another edition

This one wasn't my favorite Farah Heron that I've read (I've been working through her backlist), but it's her so it still slaps. Heron always writes the best characters (even the side characters have lives outside of the main character which we rarely see in romances) and I always fall in love with both main characters.